Thursday, 22 November 2012

Parchment for Pleasure

I have been busy making my Christmas cards but decided to take some time out to make a couple of parchment items for friends.
 

 
This is a pattern by Josie Davidson called 3D Flower Parasol which was published in Parchment Craft Magazine in January 2010.  I traced the design, including the border, with a white pencil, then I embossed the border lines, the frill, the handle, the ribbon and the outline of the parasol using a small ball tool.  I stippled the bottom of the handle and then added colour behind this, the ribbon, the frill and the border using Whispers pens.  The gridwork was done on a large, bold, straight grid with a sun tool added in the spaces.  The little flowers were punched out of parchment using a Woodware Multi flower punch and were coloured on both sides and then embossed, but the colouring hardly shows.  These were stuck to the parasol using glue dots and then little pearls were added to each flower.  I cut round the edge of the border using a 2-split tool and mounted it onto purple card using pearl brads. 
 

 
My second project was a pillow box.  First I  made the box, using a small, straight grid to make the pattern on the front of the box.  Then ona seperate piece of parchment I drew the cat.  This is from a design called Peek A Boo by Gail Sydenham which was published in the December 2010 issue of Parchment Magazine.  The parchment was placed over an outline of the cat and then I drew in the eyes, nose and fur using Derwent Studio pencils.  I also added some pencil colour to the reverse before attaching the cat to the pillow box using brads.
 

3 comments:

MagsB said...

I love your Parchment makes, Jack, they are always so delicate and elegant! These are beautiful!

love Mags B x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful cards- your parchment work is fabulous!

Birgit said...

I miss my parchment! My ink is screwy:)Your work is beautiful!!! Both are elegant and the cat-amazing