Monday, 29 October 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 78 - Shaped Card using a Reindeer or Two

The Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is hosted this week by Tracey.  She says that
as Christmas will be here before we know it, we would like to see a shaped card featuring a reindeer or two. No square or rectangle cards please.  We have two fab sponsors this week.  First we have The Stampman who are offering a £10 voucher to spend in their on-line store.  Secondly, we have Di's Digi Downloads who are offering a $10 voucher to spend on their fab images.
 


 
I made a simple stand-up card that folds flat for posting.   I decorated the mechanism using DP from Bo Bunny Father Christmas paper.  Then I cut out four reindeer using Tim Holtz Alternations dies.  I embossed each one with a different Cuttlebug folder - D'vine Swirls, Holly, Snowflakes and Swiss Dots then smeared some Crystal Stickles over them.  These were then added to the card using foam pads.  I punched a snowflake (X-Cut) out of the green card and added some more stickles.  The sentiment is from Whimsey Holiday Pennants and cut it out with a Woodware mini tag.

8 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Jack and I love the colours. Hope you're well xxx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, love the shape and the way you embossed the Reindeers.
Yvonne

Mynnette said...

This is AMAZING!!! LOVE the deer and the double embossing! Fabulous creation! :)

Suze Bain said...

You may say this is a 'simple stand-up card' but it looks very technical to me! It's fabulous and I love the sparkly reindeer. xx

Sharon said...

Hi Jack. I am at last saying hello to my fellow teamies at Dream Valley. You have some gorgeous cards. Love the bracelet and how patient are you - started last Christmas!!!
Hugs Sharon. x

Lin said...

Oh Jack, I love this. What a clever idea to make four reindeer and to emboss each one differently. I might just have to steal that idea if my Marianne reindeer die I ordered 6 weeks ago from Crafters ever turns up!

Lin xx

Marie said...

Such fun different design and I love those deers. They are so classy and well used.
Love n hugs
Marie (Mi)

Carole of Brum said...

Wow jack, this is pretty impressive! I can't work out how on earth you made it lol, looks very complicated to me but really worth the effort. Definitely a centre of the mantelpiece card!