Saturday, 4 August 2012

Playing with Parchment


My first piece of parchment is a design I make up myself.  I needed to make a tri-fold card for a swap so inspired by the beautiful summer weather (!!!) we have been having I drew umbrellas on each section of the card.  I coloured behind each one with Whispers Pens and then added a different gridwork pattern to them using both straight and diagonal grids.  Raindrops were added under theumbrellas.  Along the bottom of the card I added a row of flowers using a Siesta Grid (SPL016L).





I enjoyed making one of my favourite book mark designs, although I altered the design slightly by making it rectangular instead of cutting out around the flowers.  It's from the Pergamano Parchment Craft book by Martha Ospina.  I traced it in gold for the borders and white pencil for the remainder.  Then it was coloured on the reverse with Whispers Pens, gently spread with a damp paintbrush.  After the embossing the gridwork was done on a large straight grid.

5 comments:

MagsB said...

Oh wow, hunni, these are exquisite! I adore the brollies! Let's hope that we get lots of sunny days soon, they you can rename them 'parasols'!

love Mags B x

cockney blonde said...

Your umbrella card is amazing. Absolutely love it, x

Kathleen said...

Wow this is gorgeous, such a clever idea. Its so beautiful
Hope you are having a great weekend
Hugs
Kat xx

Wiola said...

Oh, I think I'm in love with your umbrella card... I just love it. I have never seen anything like it. It's a perfect Summer card! Here it rains almost non-stop June-July and now we have had our share of rainy days in August as well.

Cath Wilson said...

Stunning, Jack but I just love your umbrella design x