Thursday, 26 July 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 37 - Summer

In honour of the sun's appearance, we are asking for SUMMER themed creations at Dream Valley this week.  We are being sponsored by the fabulous Squiggle Stamps who are offering 3 images to one lucky person.




For my card I got out my new Hobby Art stamps - Tuscan Countryside Scenes and the old Hillside Scene Its.  I created a beautiful Tuscan scene (just got back from visiting my son there) and watercoloured it with Koh-i-noor watercolours.  I then made a frame for it using Nestabilities Curved Rectangles.  The background paper is from American Traditional Designs Brights and I stamped the sentimnt (Stampscapes) directly onto this.  For a finishing touch I stamped out the Sunflowers and painted them before adding them with Foam squares to give them depth.
 

3 comments:

Birgit said...

Lucky girl to visit Tuscany! Ever see "under the Tuscan Sun"? I love that movie and your beautiful card reminds me of that film as well. Love the colouring and the sunflowers

MagsB said...

Oh how peaceful that scene looks! As usual your colouring is lovely, and the sunflowers really zing! Gorgeous!

love Mags B x

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, lovely work and lovely colouring AND lucky you to be off to Tuscany again!