Monday, 11 June 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 70 No Cards, Tags or ATCs

This week at Crafty Cardmakers our Hostess  is Carole
She asks that you make anything EXCEPT a card, tag or ATC - for example it could be a gift bag, a box, a bookmark, something knitted, something sewn - just NO cards, tags or ATCs!!!
 
We are sponsored by Di's Digi Downloads who are offering one lucky person a $10 voucher for their online store.
 


I know, mittens! In June! What was I thinking, I'm putting it down to too much sun. My daughter is always knocking up fingerless mittens so I thought I'd have a go - never again, LOL. All those double-ended pointy things.  I had needles everywhere and not enough hands to hold on to them.  And then when I was nearly at the end of a needle and the remaining stitches fell off  . . . well, it wasn't just the wool that was blue, LOL.    Still it was fun to try something different and I was very pleased at how they turned out.  And now I've recovered I may even make some more.  Maybe. 
 

10 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic project and so useful. Had to have a chuckle about those needles.
Yvonne x

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi there, as I'm reading your post the weather here in Greece is in the high eighties ( for a change ) so this made me laugh ! Great work and such a fabulous project.

Marie

Papercraft By Carole said...

You know Jack, I think you are a star for even attempting those mittens. I can turn my hand to many things, but even my very patient Nan gave up trying to teach me to knit!! So, hat's off to your very fine pair of mittens!! Cxx

Josephine said...

These are lovely, Jack!

Mynnette said...

How prepared you'll be for winter! ;) LOVE these fabulous mittens--they are gorgeous! And I think that I may need to learn how to make some for myself! ;)

Bea und Doreen said...

this is fantastic - great colour.
Love it
Hugs
Doreen xx

Kim x said...

Not sure that these are so off the mark with the weather as it has been just lately lol.
hugs Kimx

Violets Corner said...

Fabulous work Jack, I like them a lot!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lucy Edmondson said...

You are so, so clever!

Lucy x

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, Miss Multi talented - gosh I miss knitting! I used to do nothing but knit in the evenings when the kids were in bed - often until 3 & 4 in the morning! My favourite was aran, so I love the cable patterning on these.