Sunday, 13 May 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 32 - CASE

We have a great challenge for you at Dream Valley this week.  We would like you to CASE one of the teams creations.  CASE stands for 'Copy And Selectivity Edit' so all you have to do is pick one of the cards and copy in your own style.  Easy!  Please state on your entry whose card you have copied and which bits inspired you.  We have great prizes this week too.  One lucky person will win a £10 voucher from One Stop Card Crafts and a second lucky person will win the new Bev bag selection from Crafty Ribbons.

I went all Jubilee with my card and created a Union Jack from some lovely K&Co Paper (Classic Bailey).  I started by downloading a Union Jack from http://rubberstamping.about.com/od/digitalstamps/ss/printable-union-jack-flag.htm
and printing it onto white card.  Then printed it onto my DP, cut out the sections and stuck them in the appropriate places (I actually stuck them on the reverse of the card as, of course, the DP was printed on the reverse and as I used thin white card it was easy to see the flag).  Next I cut out the Fancy Tag (Spellbinders Shapeabilities) and added an oval of one of the DPs (Stampin' Up Large Oval punch) to the centre, adding the Queen for a Day sentiment (SU You're a Gem in SU Riding Hood Red).  The little crown is a die from Cuttlekids that I added some bling to.
I enjoyed making this card so much I made a bunch of them.
Then I found this great card on www.papercraftjunkies.com for a Jubilee Bear card and I just had to use one of my cards for this.

8 comments:

Evelina Wikberg said...

What a good idea for a card. Very fitting for the jubilee! Stunning work as always, Jack. Hugs Eva xx

mags said...

Super card Jack.
Mags
x

Sarah said...

Hi Jack, oh fab selection of cards! I think the one with the bear is just soo cute!!

Sarah

Rachel x said...

I love these, Jack- the Union Jack's look so good in softer colours... must try that myself!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

Carole of Brum said...

Wow Jack, I had to do a double take when I saw your post cos I've had exactly the same idea recently! but I didn't know how to get the right union jack design so thanks so much for posting the link to that template.

Your cards are FAB-U-LOUS! Love that you can use this design with non-tradtional union jack colours too. Your papers are a perfect choice for this design too. CoB

melsanford said...

What a fab set of cards! Love the theme :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Dawn said...

Great set of cards & great minds think alike lol. x

Kim x said...

Thank you so much for educating me.
I keep seeing CASE used in blog posts and had no real idea what it meant until now.
Love the cards by the way.
hugs Kimx