Monday, 28 May 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 69 -Distress It

Our Hostess for this week is Feebsy at Crafty Cardmakers.  She would like you to distress something. You can use inks, chalks, distressing tools - anything that creates a distressed/shabby chic look to your project.  We have two great sponsors again - firstly the Digi Doodle Shop are offering one lucky person a $10 Gift Certificate for their on-line store.  Secondly, Hobby Art are offering one lucky person two fabulous stamp sets (see images of them on the Crafty Cardmakers Blog).
 












I have a lot of trouble with distressing. Lately I seem to be heading more and more to neat and tidy (at least in my card making, lol). But for this challenge I got out the inks and foam to mess up my edges and even took the scissors to the edges of the card - twice just to make sure it showed up.  I started with a white card blank and added a layer of blue (unadorned).  Next I added a layer of sage green card that I sponged with Stampin' Up Always Artichoke and then distressed with the scissors.  Next I made a patchwork with scraps of paper from K&Co Classic Baileys and a 1" punch.  This was again distressed but this time using SU Not Quite Navy ink.  On top of that I stamped some little zig-zag stitches (Tim Holtz Seamless Exdperience) in SU Always Artichoke.  The body form image is from Michelle Marsden Vintage stamp set (as are the little buttons just peeking under the reak ones), again in Always Artichoke, on cream card with a bit of sponging around the edge.  It's matted onto the sage green and then onto a Shapeabilities Fancy Tag which has been sponged with Always Artichoke.
The sentiment is from SU Oval All, punched out with the SU large oval and layered with the SU Extra Large Scalloped Oval punch.  Finally Iadded some little buttons on top of some of the stamped ones.
 
 
 

10 comments:

Feebsy said...

I love your card Jack. I think the greens, blues and reds work so well together. I really like the
stitching too it looks real.

A great shabby chic look.

Feebsy
xx

Mynnette said...

I think you did an amazing job with your distressing! This looks like an old faded and comfy quilt!!! LOVE it, Jack! :)

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous card and just love the patchwork great colours and beautifully designed , just love this beauty.

Marie

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Jack!

Lucy x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, love the patchwork piece, super details as well.
Yvonne x

MagsB said...

This is terrific! Your colours are fab - and what a great idea to stamp the stitches! Beautiful.

love Mags B x

Bea und Doreen said...

wow - it's amazing Jack. I have to try it too
Hugs
Doreen xx

Josephine said...

Fabulous card, Jack! I love the patchwork you created - it looks wonderful!

Kim x said...

This is fabulous Jack.
I would never have guessed that you struggle to distress. I love all the patchwork.
hugs Kimx

Carole of Brum said...

this is really lovely, Jack, and my absolute favourite thing is the patchwork effect with the papers....LOVE IT! I'm gonna file that idea away and hopefully remember to use it sometimes cos it looks so fab. Your distressing is really great too. CoB