Monday, 14 May 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 68 - Birthday Balloon Bonanza

This week at Crafty Cardmakers our Hostess  is Mynnette
She says 'My birthday is May 13th, so I'd like to see some projects with balloon images!!! :) Any type of balloon will do - hot air balloon, helium balloon, balloon animal. And anything birthday will do, but I want a balloon on it :)
Again we have two fabulous sponsors.  First, The Stamp Man are offering a £10 voucher for their store.  And secondly, Di's Digi Downloads are offering a $10 gift voucher.

I decided to try a technique I had seen in one of the Technique Junkies newsletters.  First I put my DP (American Traditional Designs) on my card blank and added some faux stitching.  Next I stamped the large balloon, small balloon and birds using a stamp from Imagine That that came free with an issue of Craft Stamper in Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy directly onto the DP.  Then I punched out some circles of card and DP (adding some stars from the free stamp to one layer), folded each circle in half and then stuck them together before adding the whole lot to the balloon.  Lastly I added the little sentiment and some pearls.

9 comments:

melsanford said...

Fab card! I love how you've done the hot air balloon :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Jack, what a great card and love the 3D effect here, lovely papers and a super, super design.

Marie

Kim x said...

Hi Jack, love the balloon.
Mind you I hope that you are hand delivering it, or are you like me and think about that as an after thought lol.
hugs Kimx

Josephine said...

This is great - love the way you've done the balloon!

Mynnette said...

Jack, this is darling! LOVE that 3D balloon you've created--and the patterned papers are so fabulous together!!! :)

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, I love how you created the balloon, looks so dimensional.
Yvonne

Feebsy said...

Such a lovely card, the colours are so pretty and the 3D balloon looks fabulous.

Feebsy
xx

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo love your balloon! Fab make! Kim

Bea und Doreen said...

fabulous card, Jack. Great paper and the balloon is amazing
have a wonderful day
Hugs
Doreen xx