Thursday, 17 May 2012

Bloom



I love this set of stamps by Stampin' Up.  It's called Bloomin' With Beauty.  I stamped it in StazOn Dove Grey as I wanted it to look like a drawing.  Then I watercoloured the image using SU Inks (Soft Suede, Old Olive, Bashful Blue).  I cut and matted the image using Nestabilities Circles and Eyelet Circles.  Next I watercoloured the little bee from the set and matted and layered it, again using Nesties.  I added a bit of Sakura Stardust to his wings.The beautiful bg paper was free with a magazine and I used two types.  The little corners are die cut using a Spellbinders die (hardware hinge).  I stamped the sentiment and cut it with SU Modern Label punch adding a couple of the waste circles from the Eyelet Circle die to look like matching brads.
I enjoyed making this so much I made it in two other colours as well.



I'd like to enter my cards in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Things With Wings
Crafty Calendar - Things With Wings

10 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the beautiful image.xxx

Bea und Doreen said...

gorgeous cards jack. Really pretty.
Hugs
Doreen xx

Pat N. said...

Your cards are very pretty. Love the colors. Thanks for entering the Die Cuttin' Divas challenge this week--Pat N.

mags said...

These are all lovely. Great image and love the watercolouring.
Mags
x

Paper Deckerations said...

What a beautiful stamp! Your card turned out incredible! Thanks for sharing with us at DCD!!

Gerda said...

Jack, what a nice idea, love both cards!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jack and so love the soft colours.xx

Kim. said...

Very pretty cards, lovely image and colour choices of both. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Kim xXx

sgc said...

Great card. Love the flowers. Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Melly said...

Ohhh jack

This are should I say these are just stunning! The colours are soft and beautiful and the I adore the wee image! The bee is a lovely highlight!
Gorjuss
Hugs melly xxx