Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 66 - Fantasy

As it's St George's Day on 23rd April, we would like to see anything with a fantasy or mystical theme at Crafty Cardmakers.  So dragons, fairies, witches, etc.  Please make sure that the fantasy element is the main focus of your creation and not just a small fairy charm in the corner.
We have 2 fabulous sponsors again.  Crop Stop are offering a $15 gift certificate for their store and Di's Digi Downloads are offering a $10 gift voucher for their store.

I stuck to a black/white/silver colour scheme for my card.  I used a white card blank, layered it with black and then added my image with a silver matt under it.  My image is from a plate I've had ages by Non Sequiter and stamnped in Brilliant Graphite Black.  The actual image is from a print by Edward Burne-Jones that he did for the Kelmscott Chaucer.  Then I added some silver border and corner peel-offs.
I'd like to enter my card into the folowing challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Anything Goes
Glitter Geeks - Nautical
Annabelle Stamps - Say it in . . . Friday 13th Black


16 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, evocative image - I love anything medieval - and I bet it looks so much more effective in real life!

Carol said...

Beautiful card, the image is gorgeous :) Thanks for joining us at The Glitter Geeks this week, Carol x

Dan said...

The monochrome colour scheme you've used here looks so elegant and sophisticated! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Michele said...

these are gorgeous. the black and white make me think of vintage fairy book illustrations. xo

sara said...

great card love the image thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x x

Paula said...

This is so stunning!! I love how you've kept your design simple so that your image really comes through! Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Melly said...

Oh honey
I just totally love this! The colours are perfect for this wee Fantasy theme but that image, wowsers! So fabby!
Hugs Melly xxx

Louise Welsh said...

Beautiful classy card, thanks for joining in at the glitter geeks blog challenge. louise xx

Pauline said...

What a wonderful card - I love the colour scheme ... makes it quite mystical! Thanks for sharing with us Glitter Geeks this week!
hugs,
Pauline

CraftyNess said...

Such a striking image :) - thanks for joining the glitter geeks challenge this week x

Kim x said...

What a fantastically detailed image and a fab card of course :)
hugs Kimx

Sue said...

such a fabulous card for this weeks challenge Jack!
Thank you for sharing with us at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fantastic piece of art. Thanks for joining us on FSC this fortnight.

Kristina said...

Very interesting striking image!

Kristina
Visiting from Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Nautical
Please stop by and say hello! :-)
www.pearlgateway.com

Birgit said...

OK This is Amazing! I love the artistry. I knew it was a pre-Raphaelite(spelling??) and it also reminded me of Durer with his etchings. Just exquisite!! Is that right in the spelling?? Oh well:)

Josephine said...

I love this, Jack! It's a great image and such a dramatic card!