Monday, 2 April 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 65 - Easter

This week's theme at Crafty Cardmakers has been piced by Doreen, who has chosen Easter.   So what we'd like to see from everyone is something - cards, tags, bookmarks, hats, baskets, anything - as long as it has an Easter theme.  We are being sponsored this week by the Digi Doodle Shop who are offering a $10 gift certificate and also Hobby Art who are offering two fab stamp sets.


I decided to  make a pillow box out of parchment to fill with little yummy chocolate eggs to send to a friend.   I used a template from Palm Tree Parchment Craft for the box.  The gridwork pattern was made uisng a small straight grid and took ages!!!  The centre design is by Anneke Oostmeijer and is from Parchment Craft Magazine May 2009.  I drew the design with white gel pen and then coloured with a combination of Whispers pens and Derwent Studio Pencils, adding embossing and some more gridwork (small diagonal grid) to one of the Eaaster eggs.
I'd like to enter my box into the following Challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Happy Easter
Charisma Cardz - Easter
Paper Play - Easter
Top Tip Tuesday - Easter (top tip - do your central decoration before the gridwork so you don't smudge your work)

19 comments:

lynne said...

Stunning, really beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Bea und Doreen said...

Hi Jack. Your pillow box looks really fab. The flower image is gorgeous.
Hugs
Doreen xx

Feebsy said...

This is beautiful Jack, I'm always so impressed with parchment craft it looks so delicate. I bet your friend will love your gift.

Feebs
xx

Elaine said...

Jack stunning work well done exquisite !! Hugs Elaine

Cat's sCrap said...

Everything in simplicity. Gorgerous creation. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Josephine said...

You've got to stop doing this to me, Jack. I don't need another craft to try, and you keep tempting me with these gorgeous parchment creations! This one's stunning, as always.

Meggymay said...

Wow, your box is absolutely beautiful
love the delicate flowers.
Yvonne x

Mynnette said...

Ummm...this is AMAZING. It really took my breath away, and reading how you've created it made me realize how much of a hard worker you are--this really was worth all that hard work as it's gorgeous!!! :)

Julie P said...

Very pretty, thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Paper Play
Hugs Julie P

Kelly said...

Just Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this time x

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Jack, this is so so beautiful my jaw just dropped open when I saw it I was stunned. Such delicate work and beautiful colors.Have been having problems with blogger so have moved over to wordpress . do hope you will pop over and visit and follow me there.

Marie

Allison said...

lovely Easter pillow box
thanks for joining us at Charisma
AllisonX

happyscrapper said...

This is fabulous Jack. The colors are awesome and loving those eggs.
Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Delightful Sketches

Deloris said...

What a lovely card! So elegant and dainty! I love it!

I would like to invite you to enter your card in the new challenge at Great Impressions. The theme for April is Lots of Flowers.

Here's the link if you would like to check it out:
http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/04/challenge-2lots-of-flowers.html

Lin said...

Jack, this is just gorgeous. I am a huge fan of parchment craft and you are so good at it. Your pillowbox looks amazing!

Happy Easter

Lin xx

Birgit said...

what work! I know how long it must have took you and I hope your fingers and wrist are in good shape. the colouring is great. What a nice gift!!

Kim x said...

This is beautiful Jack, such a lot of work, I hope that it was for someone VERY special after all that.
hugs Kimx

Samantha said...

Fabulous parchment piece! well done that's a difficult thing to do, Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Sarah said...

This is beautiful!

I have some good news for you over on the S J Crafts blog www.sjpapercrafts.blogspot.com