Thursday, 1 March 2012

Fishing at Fifty

It's a friend's birthday and as he is mad on fishing I got out my fishing stamps again.   This is a really old set from CDs called Fish Tails.  It's so old the stamps are beginning to curl up - I can see I shall have to look for some new fishing stamps.  I stamped the rod and sentiment (Amy R Birthday Sentiments) in Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip onto cream card and mounted it onto blue.  Then I popped this onto kraft card that I had run partly through my cuttlebug using Tim Holtz Texture Fades Retro Circles and stamped some cute fish (SU Crumb Cake) along the bottom.  The 50 was cut using an old set of dies from XCut Impress and mounted onto a cream circle.  Finally I added 3 little buttons.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Boys will be boys
Cupcake Challenges - Boys and their toys
Paper Sundaes - Circles
Hotshot Craft - One for the boys
Bunny Zoe - Celebrations

8 comments:

Violets Corner said...

Beautiful male card, I like it a lot, many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Nikbee said...

A fantastic male card. I love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Creative craft.
Nikki x

Lottie said...

What a brilliant male card - it's so hard to make those isn't it and yours is so stylish

Joy said...

Fabulous masculine card, love the fish border and the colours you chose... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

craftymum said...

A wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our "one for the boys" challenge. Our challenge starts later today. I hope you will join in

hugs Sarah x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jack, what a fantastic card. I love the fishy images and your embossing looks perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

Maria Therese said...

Fabulous card ♥ Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts!

Elaine said...

I love this one my hubby goes fishing hugs Elaine