Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 64 - Time

The new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week is Time.  Time spent, time passing, time waiting.  In fact anything related to time.  We have two great sponsors for this challenge, first The Stampman who are offering a £10 voucher to one lucky winner.  Secondly, we have Di's Digi Downloads who are offering a $10 voucher. 












I had a lot of fun with this challenge.  Ages and ages ago I bought a CD clock kit with the intention of making a clock for my Craft Room.  My first intention was to make the clock up using the CD but the hands were too big and I didn't want to cut them.  So I found a cheap artist's pallette I had also bought ages and ages ago (yep, I've got loads of stash, lol) and first painted it with white acrylic paint, then with blue.  Then I wiped off some of the blue with a wet baby wipe.  Next I stamped some shells from Personal Impressions in Gold Encore ink directly onto the Pallette.  For the clock section I used Crafty Individuals paper from Book 6 - The Seaside and some navy card.  I cut it into circles using a very old set of X-Cut shape cutters as my Nestabilities were not big enough.  I die cut some starfish, sand dollars and shells using a Cuttlebug die (From the Sea) and added gold numbers (cut with an X-Cut alphabet).  I added a gear wheel (Tim Holtz Alterations Dies Gadget Gears) to the centre before adding the hands.  Next I decorated the rest of the Pallette. I used images from Crafty Individuals Miniatures People and Places and a stamped sentiment from Stampin' Up (Sense of Time) in SU Night of Navy cut and matted with nesties.  I added a few more die cuts from the Cuttlebug set and lastly lots of shells and a starfish.  And YAY it actually works and keeps time. 

10 comments:

lynne said...

Jack
This is simply fabulous. I am also inspired. I don't have a clock kit but I am sure I could source one easily enough, yes, I am definitely inspired by your creation.
So good to see you creating art - I hope life is being kinder to you at the moment.
Wishes
Lynne

Cath Wilson said...

What a great addition to your Craft Room, Jack - great idea to use the palette - I'm impressed :-) Lovely work x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic alteration, its so detailed, love your design.
Yvonne

trisha too said...

Lynne is right, this IS wonderful!!

:-)

Lynne in NI said...

WOW! What a fabulous project, bet it looks great in your craft room!

Josephine said...

This is fabulous, Jack! I love the blue/gold colours - one of my favourite combinations too!

Lin said...

Wow Jack this is inspired! You never let me down!!

I love how you have turned something arty into something even more artistic, what a clever idea for a clock for your craft room. It's just stunning and perfect for Jackie's challenge.

Lin xx

Evelina Wikberg said...

WOW! That is fab! How artistic are you!! Have a great weekend. :) xx

Eva Marie said...

wowser...what a stunning creation. I love it ♥

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is brilliant, Jack!

Lucy x