Monday, 5 March 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 63 - A Sketch

This week we have been set a sketch by Susie at Crafty Cardmakers.  You can create any item you like so long as it follows Susie's sketch.  We have two lovely sponsors this week - One Stop Card Craft who are offering a £10 voucher and Digi Doodle Shop who are offering a $10 voucher.

I decided to get out my CDs as I haven't used them for ages.  I chose the lovely  bird image from Jayne Netley Mayhew's Collection, printed it out and cut and framed it using oval nesties.  I then matted it onto a green die cut (Nesties Labels Four).  The lovely primrose bg paper is also from the same CD.  For the sentiment I used Stampin' Up Oval Alls in SU Always Artichoke and punched it out with an oval SU punch, then mounted it onto a smaller Labels Four die cut.  The leaves under my pretty flowers is from the SU Two Step Bird punch.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Allsorts - Spread Your Wings
CES - Flower Frenzy
Joanna Sheen - Spring is in the air
Sparkles Forum - Things with wings
Tando Creative - Spring is in the air

17 comments:

Josephine said...

What a gorgeous image - I love how you've accented the bird by taking the softer colours for the background areas.

Melly said...

Aww honey
I just love your take on the wee sketch!
The pretty image is so cute and I adore your yummy papers!
Hugs Melly xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Jack. I have her blue tit stamp, too and coloured and cut it out last week for something, then decided not to use it, so it's waiting to be used x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, I love the fresh springtime colours, the bird is a super image.
Yvonne

Mynnette said...

This is SO pretty, Jack! LOVE that bird image and your color is just amazing! :) LOVE it!!!

* Shaz * said...

Gorgeous Card!
Thank you for joining in the fun with us at SMC with our
"Things with Wings" challenge

Hope you will join us again soon & good luck in the draw

Hugs Shaz x

brenda said...

Your card is gorgeous and bursting with fresh Spring colours.

Thanks so much for joining in my Things with Wings theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Bea und Doreen said...

It's gorgeous Jack. The colours, the image - so beautiful
Hugs
Doreen xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Very pretty card, love the soft spring colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Tando Creative Challenge XOXO Zoe

Julie said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

Anne said...

How pretty, the flowers pick out the colour on the blue tit so well
Anne
x

Jacq said...

Hi Jack,
What an Absolutely Beautiful Spring card!!! Love the image you've used, the dps, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Susie said...

Such a gorgeous card, hun - love theh flowers and leaves, which compliment the image perfectly! Susie x
PS - I have nominated you for an award. Details are here http://www.susieloudesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/award.html

Elaine said...

This is lovely I have many birds in my garden I love them beautiful card Hugs Elaine

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Jack, that's such a pretty image and I love your matching flowers too!

Lin said...

Jack, sorry I haven't been by in ages but I have so many birthdays in march it was making my head sping. Hopefully I am almost on top of them now!

Gorgeous creation, as always! I often forget I have cds and then see what someone else has done with them and kick myself for not getting them out more.

Lin xx

Kaz said...

Beautiful Spring card, thanks for linking to our challenge at Tando.