Friday, 3 February 2012

Pembroke Castle


I've been looking at this pattern for a while and decided to make it up for a friend's birthday.  It's by Judith Maslen (Oooh, I love her patterns) from an old Parchment Magazine (December 2006).  I apologise for the quality of the photo.  I didn't check it properly before I posted the card and now I can see that the sentiment doesn't show very clearly!
I traced the castle in black pen and the sentiment and border in gold pen.  Then I added some dorso on the reverse (blue) around the edges, behind the sentiment and as sky.  Next, still on the reverse, I coloured the castle using Derwent Studio pencils and added a bit of highlights by embossing with ball tools.  The border is made using a semi circle tool and a sun tool.  I mounted it onto navy card using gold brads and then onto a white card blank.

7 comments:

lynne said...

Lots of work but well worth it as it is a lovely card.
Wishes
Lynne

Scrapcat 1 said...

I love parchment work, I'm not very good at it as I don't have the patience for it but I love looking at it and your is sooo good.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW it looks like a painting!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

trisha too said...

Charming card, Jack!

Lottie said...

Your hard work shows - it's such an etheral castle and it looks so realistic

Papercraft By Carole said...

This is beautiful - I admire anyone who has the patience to work with parchment!! Cxx

melsanford said...

This is beautiful! Such a pretty border :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx