Friday, 3 February 2012

Inchie Inspiration

There was a fab article in Craft Stamper this month (although it says March 2012!).  It was by Sarah Engels-Greer and she used inchies on her cards.  So, duly inspired, here is what I came up with.
This was the first card I made.  I made a DL card base and punched the inside edge with my Stampin' Up Scallop Punch.  Next I added a strip of lace and some red ribbon.  Then I stamped some butterflies from Clear Choice 20 Best Friends in SU Real Red onto white card and punched out sections using a Woodware 1" punch, then mounted them on red card and popped them on top of the ribbon using foam dots.  Lastly I added the word 'memories' (from the same stamp set). 
Next I made the same card blank but added some hessian (it's got sparkly bits in it - only hessian I had!) and used leaf stamps (Clear Choice Leaf Decor) and SU Garden Green.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I'd like to enter this card into Gingersnap Creations Glorious Greens Challenge.

















As I was enjoying myself I went on to make two more.  The purple one uses SU Bloomin' with Beauty stamps and Rich Razzleberry ink and the brownish one uses stamps from Personal Impressions Clear Summer and Colorbox Chalk ink in Amber Clay.

I'd like to enter all my cards into So Artful's Challenge - Georgia O'Keefe inspiration (I love her paintings especially the flower ones).

11 comments:

mags said...

These look super Jack. Love the purple one. Have seen inchies used before and must give it a go.
Mags
x

Cath Wilson said...

What a pretty idea - they're so simple but very effective x

Anesha said...

These are fab!!

lynne said...

Wonderful to see you managing to find the time to create so much and each one so pretty.
You must have an amazing stack of cards now - I need to be more like you Jack.
Gorgeous idea.
Wishes
Lynne

Lottie said...

These are stunning - what a great idea - I'll have to have another look in my mag

Dawn said...

These are great , love the inchies

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a fab idea - had only vaguely heard of "inchies" before - and now I get it!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Cxx

Sharon said...

Great inchies Jack!! Thanks for joining us at the So Artful Blog this week!

melsanford said...

A beautiful set of cards! Fab idea :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Jenni's Jems said...

These are really fab x

Ali Manning said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)