Sunday, 19 February 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 26 - Just for Men

This week at Dream Valley we have decided to challenge you to come up with something for the men in your life.  Most of us find making cards for men quite difficult, so this will be a challenge, especially for me.   We are being sponsored by Bugaboo Digi stamps who are offering one lucky prize winner a voucher for $21 to spend in their store.  For more inspiration, go check out the fab things my teamies have come up with.


I made a card for my DH as it was his birthday.  He is mad keen on fishing so I cut up his Angling Times for it (tee hee hee!).  I started with a white card blank and topped it with some green card that I had embossed on the bottom half using Tim Holtz Texture Fades - Retro Circles (love this folder).  Then I added a strip of the newspaper across the middle and also used the paper to make a rosette.  In the centre of the rosette I added a green handmade paper star and a fish button.  More buttons were added to the corners.  The sentiment (CDs Fishtails) was punched out using Stampin' Up punches - the Large Oval for the sentiment itself, Extra Large Scallop oval to matt it and then finally I used the Decorative Label punch on newspaper for the final backing.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges
Hotshot Crafts  - One For the Boys.
Creative Card Crew - Masculine

16 comments:

lynne said...

Wonderful dimension to your card Jack.
Hope life is being kinder to you.
Wishes
Lynne

Cath Wilson said...

Bet you were popular, he, he - might just have to try that for J's birthday this week - cut up one of his bike mags. I may not live to see another day, but it would be so much fun x

mags said...

Great card Jack. Very creative cutting up hubby's mag.
Mags
x

Khristen said...

Love it! The newspaper on the rosette and on the card = perfect! Great masculine card.

xx
Khristen

Scrapcat 1 said...

this is lovely I hope you asked him before cutting up his magazine lol

Dolly Daydreams said...

hi Jack, great card, love the fact that you used his magazine he he , great design, love it.

Marie

Evelina Wikberg said...

Love the effect you have created. Very cool. Perfect for the fishing mad! Your comment on my blog was so funny! Normally it's just me that does things like that. He he. Have a good week. :)

Melly said...

Perfect!
Glad its not just me that struggles with them blokes creations! I loved the fab wee rosette you made and a great idea using hubbys mag to decorate lol!
Hugs Melly xx

Lottie said...

This so clever for a masculine card and the personal touch using some of hi magazine - brilliant

paperfun said...

I love that you used a fishing magazine for your card. Your card will be much more fun to read than a cereal box. Lol

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Dawn said...

Very clever using the magazine hon. Perfect for your hubby x

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Jack ... I think its hilarious that you cut up his fishing mag (though I reckon it wouldn't be so funny if he cut up one of my crafty mags LOL!)

Rachel x said...

Great male card, Jack- the rosette is a great idea as is using a paper specific to their taste... hope you got away with it, though!!lol
hugs, Rachel x

craftymum said...

A great "one for the boys card". Thanks for joining us at HSC for our challenge

Hugs Sarah x

p.s. We have the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers on Pre Order.

Lin said...

I swear I came by and commented on this fabulous creation! Must be losing me marbles faster than I thought!

Lin

Andie's Space said...

Hi jack,
This looks lovely. Hope hubby didn't mind you cutting up his magazine! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Andie xx