Sunday, 5 February 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 25 - Valentine

This week we've got all lovey, dovey at Dream Valley and chosen a really easy theme - Valentines.  Please remember that you can enter this challenge up to 3 times but no more.  We have a great sponsor again this week, the lovely Joanna Sheen is offering a £10 voucher to one lucky person to spend in her on line shop, and don't forget she doesn't charge P&P.
There are some gorgeous examples by the team on the blog so go check them out.
I've made a parchment card for this challenge and I took pictures for each stage so you can see how it's done.


This is the finished card.  The pattern is called Love defined by Sue McGuirk from Parchment Mag July 08. 



I always photocopy the pattern as I find it easier to attach my parchment (with masking tape) to a photocopy rather than directly to the magazine.  Then I traced the pattern in white pencil.


Next I embossed all of the lines and some of the rose petals using various sizes of ball embossing tools.

The next stage was to go around the edge of the heart with a semi circular tool, and then fix the parchment to a grid (small straight grid) and using a single needle tool perferate the leaves and other rose petals using every hole.

Next I used a 2 needle tool to perferate around the roses, lines and leaves and then cut and removed the waste parchment.  Then I added small dots around the outside edges of the semi-circle perforations with a fine ball tool.  Finally I folded the parchment along the fold line and cut straight edges around the other sides, then attached it to a red card blank.


This is a close-up of the finished heart.

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge - For the one I love
By The Cute and Girly - Love is in the air
Joanna Sheen - Love is in the air
Divas by Design - Anything Goes

28 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh Jack, this is gorgeous! Bet it took aaaages to make!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is stunning.. you have so much patience.. gorgeous piece of work
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Evelina Wikberg said...

Jack, thank you for the lovely comment. Was so tempted to eat the chocolates. :) just looking at your card. Never tried this method before. The result is amazing! I must give it a try. Have a great Sunday. Hugs Eva.

Brigitte said...

WOW!!! Your card is totally gorgeous!!! It probably took forever!!! Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing what a wonderful piece of art. It looks brilliant. Thanks for playing with us on MAWTT with our Have a Heart Challenge this week, Hazelxoxo

Kathleen said...

This is just stunning Jack, I admire your patience to do parchment, I love the look of it but its too pernickety for me! Lol
Hugs Kat xx

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful, Jack - so intricate and so much work. Amazing x

mags said...

Gorgeous work Jack. The design is gorgeous and looks lovely against the red.
Mags
x

Melly said...

OMG!! Jack its utterly stunning!
I just ...... wow ..... so amazing and beautiful and just WOW! Did I say amazing!???
I really have to dig out my kit now and try this again!
Beautiful
Hugs M xxx

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! Jack, this is incredible. Love it, so very pretty.

Donna x

Jennie said...

Wowzer jack this is stunning!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation, I've not had my parchment stuff out for a while....think I might have to have a play!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Janette said...

Having just read how you created this, I am in awe of you....such alot of work but wow did it pay off, I think it's stunning, a beautiful creation.xx

Dawn said...

Just gorgeous & so much work in this piece x

Birgit said...

OMG-Great work! I mean....Great work! I love the heart and I know how much this entails. My ink doesn;t want to flow nicely from my caligraphy pen so I have not made the pergamano. I just love the heart and all the detailing...hope your fingers aren't too sore

Bea und Doreen said...

Oh jack - simply stunning !!!
Hugs
Doreen xx

Susie said...

Gorgeous - must have taken you ages! Susie x

Deni said...

Тhis is wonderful!The design is gorgeous and looks lovely against the red.

dragonllew said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous it must have taken you hours thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
Jenny x
GDT

Lisa Jane said...

oops -Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week too
Lisa x

Geraldine said...

Beautiful example of a parchment card. Its great to see the different stages in making it. Thank you for sharing your creation with BTC&G's "Love is in the Air" challenge.
Geraldine

Sally said...

Hi Jack, this is a stunning design & thanx for the pics. I've never seen parchment work in progress, what a lot of work but worth it I think.
sally x

Vicky said...

This is lovely, I love parchment, but it is time consuming, well worth it for such pretty designs

hugs Vicky x x x

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful! You must have so much patience :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

MagsB said...

Oh wow, Jack, this is gorgeous! It looks just like fine embroidery!

love Mags B x

Debs said...

gorgeous..you must have real patience for this..looks fab hon..hugs Debs x

Shar said...

Gorgeous! That heart is fabulous!

Aline said...

What a great card... Love this one a lot...