Thursday, 2 February 2012

Cutting down on postage costs . . .

I decided to make a stash of one-layer cards to send abroad so that I can save on postage.  It's got so expensive and I hear it's going up again in April!  (warning - long post)
This card was made using a small Whispers square shadow stamp stamped in Stampin' Up in Pink Pirouette and the flower from SU Faith in Nature and a Crafty Individual sentiment stamped in SU Not Quite Navy.

This time I used a large Whispers Square shadow stamp again in SU Pink Pirouette, then the leaf and sentiment from Faith in Nature in SU Not Quite Navy and then some embossing round the image.


This time I used two colours on the large shadow stamp (SU Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery) then the pear and a best wishes sentiment in SU Cajun Craze.
This time I stamped the little row of mice and the sentiment from Penny Black Micey Day in black on to a green card blank and added colour with Derwent Studio pencils.

Onto a blue card blank I stamped another image from Penny Black and again coloured with Derwent Studio Pencils.

Tilda paddling in the sea stamped onto a white card blank and coloured with Derwent Studio pencils.  I cut a mask and sponged yellow ink for the sun and the sentiment is from Hobby Art General Greetings.

A cute little Manga Girl from Sugar Nellie coloured with Derwent Studio Pencils and a sentiment from Hobby Art General Greetings.










For these two I stamped the sentiments first (Darkroom Door and Stampscape) first, then masked off the area around them and also a circle mask for the moon, and then sponged Distress Ink (Stormy Sky) all over the card.  Then I stamped the trees and seascape (Darkroom Door Wilderness Sets Vol 1 and 2) in black ink.



6 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

wow you have been very busy I love all the cards you have made but my favourites are the last two with the stunning landscapes.

Heidi said...

Gorgeoous use of subtle colours, heidi x

lynne said...

Jack
A clever idea and something I need to consider doing myself. So hard when I love to embellish everything in sight.
Beautiful cards each and every one. The final two would be so perfect for men or women to receive.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Thank you so much for your amazing response to my Steampunk altered wooden block - I had heaps of fun working on it.

melsanford said...

What gorgeous cards! You've been working very hard :-) A fab idea! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow what a busy crafter !!!! sensational work each one a delight and all so very stylish.

Marie

Cath Wilson said...

Some crackers there, Jack but I absolutely love the bottom two - gorgeous and fab words - might have to get them soon as I can now - temptress!