Monday, 6 February 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 61 - Monochrome

This week at Crafty Cardmakers our challenge is hosted by Beth.  She has chosen Monochrome as her theme.  You can use any colour you choose, it doesn't have to be black, but she wants to see your creations made using only shades of one colour. She will allow highlights of one different colour, but it must not be a major player in your project. You can also, of course, use skin tones and hair, but other than that please stick to the one colour.
We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge.  First up is IndigoBlu.  They are offering their amazing FlitterGlu starter kit and their 'Love Is' stamp.  Check out the challenge for details.  Secondly, Digi Doodle Shop are offering a $10 gift certificate for their shop.



I decided to use blue as my colour.  I got out a stamp I've had for a while but that hadn't seen ink before.  It's by Hobby Art from the Butterfly Kisses collection and the set is called Far Away.  I stamped this lovely girl using Versafine Majestic Blue onto watercolour paper and then painted her using just one of the blues from my little Koh-i-Noor pallet.  I cut her out using Nesties ovals and also used the ovals for the dark blue frame.  Then I mounted her onto a die cut using Labels Ten.  The background paper came free with a magazine (sorry can't remember which one) and I stamped the sentiment directly onto it.  Lastly I added the little bows and some pearl.  I think I overdid the pearls at the top and should have just stuck to three like at the bottom, but once they were on I couldn't get them off again!
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
The Stamp Man - Embellish it
Charisma Cardz - Vintage
Diva's by Design - Anything Goes
Lily Pad Cards - Patterned Paper

22 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Adorable card. I like your simplicity ! Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Dr Sonia S V said...

How stylish it looks Jack and so thrilled I became top 5 in the last challenge- Thank You

lynne said...

Such a pretty, Victorian feel to this card.
Special.
Wishes
Lynne

Pauline said...

Beautiful, this image is painted like its a china plate! Beautiful blue colour! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

Cath Wilson said...

Love this, Jack. The image reminds me of one I used to sell, from Time to Stamp - Melissa looking out to sea - and I've always loved it. Really pretty x

Josephine said...

Gorgeous, Jack!

Aletheia said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you painted the image.
Thanks for joining us at Challenge up you life.
xx
Sabine

Dolly Daydreams said...

hi Jack, ah this is divine, what a pretty nostalgic image reminds me of wedgewood for some reason and the die cut frame is just a perfect shape for this beauty.

Marie

Bea und Doreen said...

Gorgeous card Jack - love the little lady in blue.
Have a nice evening
Hugs
Doreen xx

Meggymay said...

Love the image, she is a real beauty. Its a fabulous card.
Yvonne x

Mynnette said...

This is so pretty!! LOVE your CAS style--with pearls! :) That image is amazing, too!

Manuela said...

This is a wonderful creation and something different with this blue coloring! Great job :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Feebsy said...

I love your card Jack. The blues are fabulous and the painting on the image is amazing, really beautiful.

Feebsy
xx

Cheryl said...

Lovely monochrome card! I love the pearl accents.


~Cheryl~

**Check out my February Blog Candy**

sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card, love the blue lady. Thank you for joining us at Divas this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Nancy said...

lovely card...you made wonderful use of the pretty shades of blue! so happy you joined the challenge at Lily Pad Cards!

Sally said...

A lovely design Jack & such a pretty image beautifully coloured in blue. I agree with you about the pearls.
Sally x

Scrapcat 1 said...

understated elegance is what your card says to me, just beautiful

melsanford said...

Beautiful card! Lovely shades of blue :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Anne said...

Oh so elegant! I think it's simple enough to need all the extra pearls, lovely!
Anne
x

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a beautiful stamp - and a beautiful card! Cxx

Kim x said...

I know what you mean about the pearls, they never seem to stay in place unless you want to move them lol.
Lovely card regardless.
hugs Kimx