Friday, 10 February 2012

Acrylic Block Stamping - Part Two

This time, instead of just using two colours of Whispers Pens scribbled on my acrylic block, I scribbled a rainbow and then, again, spritzed it with Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist.


I love the effect this gives.  It's like brayering but without the lines I seem to get and also softer colours.  I used a gorgeous fairy stamp from Clear Secrets - I think she is a fairy.  She definitely has wings but I'm not sure about that hoof of hers, lol.  I mounted her onto white card that I punched with my Martha Stewart Around the Page set (French Scroll).  This is the first time I've actually used this set to punch all the way round (note to self - must not buy any more supplies till I've used what I've got - apart, of course, from the two orders that are on their way, rofl).  I then mounted this onto purple card to make it stand out and added a little bit of trim I've had in my stash for quite a while.  Then I couldn't find the right backing paper till I thought to look at my Stampin' Up Christmas stash.  This is from the Holly Berry Bouquet stack although I don't think you'd know it was Christmas paper.  Finally I mounted it on a white card blank.
I'd like to enter her in the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz - Things With Wings
Creative Card Crew - Fantasy Creatures
CES Challenges - Give me Wings

11 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Cath Wilson said...

You're right, Jack - a beautiful effect and much nicer than brayering. Don't think I'm so sure about that hoof, either - bit worrying, lol x

Ann B said...

Love those colours Jack - this challenge has been a lot of fun. Maybe she is a fallen angel - that would explain the hoof. (Actually I think she just has a very, very big foot.)
Ann B
xx

melsanford said...

This is beautiful! Those colours are gorgeous :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

oooh this is pretty such a soft effect and a lovely image.

Michele said...

oh beautiful! xo

shell said...

oh this is beautiful, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Shell xx

Shirley-anne said...

Love the whimsical image and your background colouring. Must try that instead of brayering .
Lovely card as a whole .

Shanna Shands said...

I got a brayer and I have yet to use it. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining CCC's last challenge and I hope you can join for our current Masculine Challenge.

Melly said...

Wowsers!
This is just beautiful! Going have to try this sometime! You make it look easy but bet I'll have it missed up from the word GO!
I think maybe the hoof could just be an extra large foot lol!
Hugs M xxx

Lin said...

Wow this is just gorgeous.

You might just have to come and show me how this is done!

Lin