Thursday, 19 January 2012

Quick cards

I was so pleased with myself being all organised for Christmas ahead of time that I rested on my 'laurels' for too long and fell behind with birthday cards for January!  So I needed to make some quick cards.  Unfortunatetly there were a lot of birthdays so now I've used them all up and will have to make some more!












These two were made using a new stamp - Sweet Floral from Stampin' Up.  It's a huge stamp and it stamps beautifully.  I stamped it in Brilliance Pearlescent ink (Lavender and Orchid) and just matted and layered it onto the card blank.  Then I added a ribbon, stamped the little sentiment (SU Oval All), punched and matted it using SU punches and there you have it.










These were also made using a large SU stamp - this time Belle Toile.  This was stamped, again, in Brilliance Inks (Mediterranean Blue/Pearlescent Crimson) and matted and layered onto the card blanks.  This time two strips of ribbon were added before the sentiment was stamped (SU Four Frames and Silhouette Sentiments), cut out close to the edges and then matted onto card punched with the matching punch (Decorative Label punch).  Three pearls were added to the bottom corner to finish off.

I'd like to enter these in the Gingersnap Creations Ribbon Challenge.

7 comments:

melsanford said...

Jack, these are beautiful cards! Really pretty :-)

Thankyou for the comment on my allotment blog :-) Tell me - can I really eat some of those weeds or were you just eagle-eyed enough to be able to pick out the leeks? :-) If I really can eat some of them I can pretend I grew them on purpose!

Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

lynne said...

Oozing elegance.
I am smiling as I know what you mean, completely forgot all about January birthdays!!!
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

Pretty, pretty cards, Jack, and perfect for the ribbon challenge at
Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Mynnette said...

Oh, wow!!! These are absolutely STUNNING! :) LOVE the monochromatic feel of them--and the softness of the colors you've chosen! :)

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely cards, Jack - I really like the florals x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautifully stamped cards, they are so elegant and classy and the colors are sensational.

Marie

MagsB said...

Wow, these are so sophisticated and elegant! Lovely!

love Mags B x