Sunday, 22 January 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 24 - Animals

What can I say, except Big Ooops!  I was sure I had added my card to the Dream Valley DT thread but nope, it's not there so my card is not displayed on the Dream Valley Challenge blog this week (big Boo Hoo!).  Still, I have made it and it's a great challenge so I will still post it here.  This week there is a special prize offered by Melly for one lucky person of a Surprise parcel to include ribbons, flowers and even two stamps.

I decided to have another play with my Crafty Individual stamps and papers for this.  I used the lovely Rabbit Collage (CI-202) stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  I distressed the image using Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, then restamped just the rabbit part and coloured him with Derwent Studio pencils before popping him back on top.  The image is mounted onto blue card that has been punched down one edge with an SU punch (Spiral Border) and a fern (Darkroom Door Wilderness 2) and sentiment (SU Sense of Time) added and then distressed with SU Not Quite Navy.  Under this is a strip torn from an old book that has been distressed with SU Crumb Cake and under that some lovely paper from Crafty Individuals Background Paper Book 1.
I'd like to enter this card in the Delightful Challenge - Vintage/Distressed.

As I was pleased with how this card turned out I decided to make another but this time using CI-296 (Butterfly Collage) stamping the popped butterfly in SU Baja Breeze and the sentiment is from Hero Arts Anytime Messages.

I'd like to enter this card in Moving Along With The Times - Things With Wings challenge.

13 comments:

2amscrapper said...

hate when that happens! love the card!

Tracey Manderson said...

wow these are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges
Hugs
Tracey

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Jack, WOW both your cards are super, I love the bunny on the top one its brilliant, thanks for playing on our Things With Wings challenge on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Dolly Daydreams said...

These are just beautiful, am a big CI fan and you have used theirs stamps and papers perfectly.

Marie

lynne said...

Both of those are beautiful cards and looking at them they would be perfect for a man or woman.
Hope life is being kind to you.
Wishes
Lynne

MagsB said...

Fab cards, the Vintage effect is just beautiful on both cards!

love Mags B x

Lucy Edmondson said...

These cards are wonderful! Particularly love the rabbit one, wish I had made it!

Lucy x

Kim x said...

Some lovely cards in the last few post, well done you. xx

Lottie said...

Your work is amazing - is there anything that you can not do?

Carrie's Corner said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love the distressed look!

Hugs
Carrie

Lisa Jane said...

2 wonderful cards
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for a our Things with Wings challenge
Lisa x

melsanford said...

Fab cards! Beautiful images and distressing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Is said...

Hi Jack! What a pity that your card isn't displayed in the Dream Valley Challenge, it's a very nice card!
Thanks you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!
Greetings from Spain