Sunday, 8 January 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 23 - Anything Goes

Well, Christmas is over and now it's the start of a brand New Year.  Over at Dream Valley we are starting the year with an easy challenge - Anything Goes.  You can make anything you like for this challenge, it doesn't have to be a card - so long as it's hand made.  We are sponsored this time by the fab One Stop Card Crafts who are offering one lucky winner a £10 voucher for their online store.
I decided to make notebooks for my nieces for this challenge.
My first notebook is a cutesy one.  I have a niece who is mad on cupcakes so my choice of stamps and paper for this one was easy!  I covered a small pre-purchased notebook inside and out with paper from Paper Mania Sweet Nothings pad.

The topper is made by stamping the cute mice (Penny Black Critter Party) onto watercolour paper and watercolouring it using Whispers pens.  Then I added some sparkle with a Sakura Stardust pen to the cupcake frosting and the candle flame.  I cut and mounted it using Nestabilities and added a bow to the bottom.  To finish off the note book I added matching ribbon to the spiral binding.

My second notebook was made for a niece who is a Stampin' Up demostrator so I used all SU products.  I covered the notebook with Greenhouse Gala paper and made the topper by stamping the flower (Ornate Flowers) in SU Baja Breeze, mounting it onto green then brown card, punching the bottom of the brown with an SU scallop punch and wrapping a piece of ribbon and a bow round it.  Then, again, adding ribbons to the spiral binding.

My third notebook is covered with paper from Paper Mania Amethyst Tones.  The topper is a butterfly (Darkroom Door) stamped in black and coloured with Sakura pens.  It's cut and mounted using Nestabilities and, again, a bow and ribbons have been added.
I'd like to enter the following challenges:
CES Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Art Impressions Stamps - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes  (Top Tip - when recovering spiral bound notebooks you can remove the binding by gently prising it apart and then you can take the covers off to work on them, then reassemble the notebook and gently squeeze the binding back in place)
Really Reasonable Ribbons - Ribbon and Sparkle

20 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

What lovely creations, I love the mice image.

melsanford said...

Oh these are so cute! Love the ribbons :-) Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

CraftyC said...

Your notebooks are very sweet Jack, top one my favourite. Thanks for joining in this weeks CES Challenge and thankyou for the warm welcome at Dream Valley!
Clairexx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohh these are fabulous Jack, bet your nieces loved them! And thanks for the tip about removing the binding, I'm definitely going to have a go at that!

Susie said...

All look beautiful and are tailered perfectly to the likes of your neices! I love the stampin up one! Susie x

Dolly Daydreams said...

These are fabulous , what great ideas and perfect gift items love them all.

Marie

karen said...

Great notebacks, very pretty, thanks so much for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jacj, I just adore these gorgeous notebooks, love the top one, the image is soooo cute. :o)

Donna x

Lisa M said...

These are just beautiful. I admire how you've really put so much thought into who they are going to and designed them accordingly. These are just wonderful. :)

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday and for leaving that VERY helpful tip!
Lisa xx

Samantha said...

Fabby Books they are going to be loved for sure by your niece and who ever gets the other 2...
Great TIP and so please to see one of your other commenter's is going to benefit already! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)
Happy New Year

Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

lynne said...

Hi
Sorry I've not been around much but lots happening on a personal level.
All of these are wonderful. You know I am a sucker for notebooks so love these.
Take care.
Wishes
Lynne

Carrie's Corner said...

I'm sure your nieces will love them. They are all beautiful! #2 is my fav!

Hugs
Carrie

Khristen said...

Love these, such cute little notebooks (the mousie one is my favorite :) I love cupcakes!)

xx
Khristen

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great projects! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Lin said...

Jack, what a bevvy of beauties. Your lucky Nieces! My personal favourite is the middle one because I love that BP.

Hope your back is better and that your DD was as eager to take down the decorations as she was to put them up, but somehow I doubt it!

Happy New Year my friend

Lin

Debs said...

all gorgeous..hugs Debs x

Jennifer said...

Wow..so lovely! Great idea....would love to have a go myself.Thanks for playing at CES challenges xx Jenny xx

buglvr2010 said...

These are so adorable1! Love them all! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Caroljenks said...

These are fantastic - so pretty! Great Top Tip to remove the binding too - thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday and we look forward to seeing you for our next challenge too :)

Carol x

LaJanette said...

Great notebooks and awesome tip!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our anything goes challenge; hope to see you in our next challenge:0)

Hugs;
Janette