Monday, 9 January 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 59 - No Floral Embellishments

After the Christmas break, Crafty Cardmakers are back with a great challenge - No floral embellishments.  You can use floral backing paper or even an image but NO embellishments that are flowers or have flowers on them.  We have two great sponsors for this challenge.  First we have One Stop Card Crafts who are offering a £10 voucher as a prize and we also have Digi Doodle Shop who are offering a $10 voucher.  Here is my card but don't forget to go check out the fabulous inspiration from my teamies.


I decided to make a card using a colour I don't often use - orange.  I started with a square card blank, added a matt of dark green then the burnt orange, textured card matt.  I wrapped a knotted, spotty ribbon round this layer.  Next I stamped my image - the pear from Stampin' Up Faith in Nature in SU Early Expresso onto white card and added some colour using Derwent Studio pencils.  This was matted onto some more orange card and I punched the edge with a Martha Stewart French Scroll punch.  Next I layered it onto dark green card.   I stamped the 'Best Wishes' in SU Early Expresso and used a SU Word Window punch to punch it out and then added it to the edge of the card. 
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Celebrations

18 comments:

Josephine said...

Beautiful, Jack! Somehow it seems like a really 'grown up' card - really elegant too!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Jack firstly what a gorgeous card and I covet your pear stamp ! This is a fabulous composition beautiful stamped and colored and all of your elements are so harmonious. The orange is a tricky color to work with I love it myself but very rarely use it, you however have made a beautifully warm and perfect background for your stamps. As for the blingy dogs have to catch the little blighters first they are leaving a little trail of glitter all over the place !

Marie

Bea und Doreen said...

This SU stamp set is gorgeous - love it and...have it *lol*
Beautiful card.
Hugs
Doreen

Princess4Wiz said...

Jack, your card is stunningly gorgeous! I love that pear stamp and your colouring is wonderful :-)

Beth. xxx

Papercraft By Carole said...

This is a beautful card. I too am coveting the pear stamp - I love the sketchiness of it!! And the colour combination works really well!! Cxxx

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE that stamp and I also like burnt orange, even though I don't use orange much, either - too 'in my face' - but rusts, terracottas and burnt orange are special and go so well with browns, creams and greens. Love this, Jack and SO much better for the lack of a flower, he, he x

Meggymay said...

Love the pear stamp on your gorgeous card. It will be great for so many occassions.
Yvonne/Meggymay

mags said...

Lovely card Jack. Loving the stamp very much. The colours you have used work really well together.
Mags
x

melsanford said...

Fab card - love the pear image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Tamara said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :-)

Laurel said...

Lovely card. Love the script over the pear! I am not sure if you intended to enter this into the Lawnscaping Birthday challenge because I don't see a link here but I found you on the thumbnail on the challenge site! This is a cute birthday card and kuddos for using a color that isn't your normal go to color.

Mynnette said...

Oh, wow!!! I have this set but haven't used the pear image yet--you've inspired me to try! Gorgeous coloring!!!

Scrapcat 1 said...

Such an elegant card I love the stamp.

Lin said...

Jack, you should do orange more often as it suits you!

This is really lovely. I love the whole look and that pear is shaded to perfection. If it didn't have text running through it I would be drooling and wanting a bite as it looks so real.

Lin

Ira said...

This looks very artsy indeed, love the different stamped layers! And the rich colours are lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog Jack, really appreciate this. Ira

Christiana said...

What a pretty pair! I love the text over top. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful image with rich colors and crisp design,

Paula said...

What a simple yet delightful card! Lurve the image - so pretty!

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge

Paula DT :D x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/