Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Bullfinches in my garden

We had a couple of female bullfinches in the garden today.  We often have two pairs of these beautiful birds but today I only saw the females.  I had to make a parchment card for a swap and as the friend I was sending it too also loves watching birds in the garden I decided to use a pattern with a bullfinch on it. 

I'm not sure I've got his head quite right - I know they are quite 'tucked up' but this seems a bit small!  The pattern is from the Parchment Magazine September 2010 issue and was designed by Mary J Kerr.  I coloured the bullfinch with Derwent Studio pencils and then added two colours of dorso behind.

5 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Jack, this is amazing what beautiful work and such perfect colouring , I absolutely adore this.

Marie

Birgit said...

Beautiful!! I am sick and I have been unable to make cards for a while due to stress, life and mayhem and now sickness-yuck but seeing you pretty card put a smile on my face as it is so pretty and so detailed. Love the bird!

Kimberly said...

WOW, just stunning. You did a awesome job on the colouring and i love the brush strokes around the image...perfect..tfs
www.justwordz.ca

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Cath Wilson said...

Looks good to me, Jack - gorgeous and lucky you, getting them in your garden! We only get to see them at the Nature reserves. They're beautiful xxx