Saturday, 7 January 2012

Beads, beads and more beads!

I had a lot of fun making some Christmas presents this year using my rather large stash of beads.
First up  is a brooch made from a kilt pin.  I added beads, sewing themed charms, lengths of chain and bead dangles.
This bracelet is made using a spiral rope technique.  The beads I used were various sized pearls in cream and coffee colours with the centre of the spiral made using clear, brown seed beads.  Finally I added a pretty toggle clasp.
These are Guardian Angle bookmarks.  The silver bookmarks were bought on ebay and I added the bead dangles with the little angels at the bottom.  The coloured angels are made using lucite flowers, wings and crystals for the heads with a silver bead cap on the top.  The little pearl angle is made using two sizes of pearls and wings.  I also added an 'inspire' charm to the green bookmark.
These are mobile phone charms.  Each charm has 3 dangles, the longest one having a little lucite flower angel at the end.

6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Who's a clever girlie, then, lol? Lovely work and I love your angels!

Lottie said...

Wow - Amazing. What a lovely array of beads. I loved the angels especially - they are so cute. I don't think I could ever attempt your gorgeous brown bracelet and I adore the blue kilt pin with those fabulous little sewing charms. I see that I must have a trawl of the bead sites.

Scrapcat 1 said...

lucky people to get lovely gifts like these.

Papercraft By Carole said...

Wow - love these - particularly the phone charms and the bracelet!! Cxx

Melly said...

Oh Jack
I just love all of these! The beaded bracelet looks like those knitted ones! I love the bookmarks and the gorjuss phone charms are utterly stunning!
Talented lady indeed!
Hugs M xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

These are so pretty, such lovely colors too !

Marie