Wednesday, 14 December 2011

When the red, red robin . . .


I made this card with a birdwatcher in mind.  I made the background first.  I clear embossed the snowflakes (Inkadinkado) onto white card then sponged Distress Inks over the top (Barn Door and Pine Needles).  I matted it onto white card and then cut the aperture using Nestabilities Octagons.  Next I put a piece of parchment paper over an outline of a robin and drew him using Derwent Studio Pencils (the outline was from a card by Gail Sydenham from Parchment Magazine published in 2009).  I placed my robin behind the aperture and then mounted the whole onto a green card base.  I stamped the greeting onto card that had been sponged with Pine Needles and matted it onto white before popping it with foam pads.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew - 'tis the season
Let's Ink It Up - Christmas Projects
Paper Sundaes - Anything Christmas
CES Challenges - Traditional Christmas
Crafty Ribbons - Traditional Christmas colours

9 comments:

MagsB said...

Wow, this is amazing! Thae robin is just fabulous, so life-like! I love the colours and snowflakes on your background, too, very striking!

love Mags B x

Jan said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Ccc xx Jan

Cath Wilson said...

And it's beautiful. Thanks so much for this - I appreciated it all the more because it was made specially xxx

craftykitten said...

What a gorgeous card, love the Robin, very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons for our Tradiational Christmas Colours challenge this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

SuzanneK said...

Fab creation, what a clever idea. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU. Hugs Suzanne

karen said...

Fabulous card, love the robin, thanks so much for joining us at Ces this week, Karenx

Eva Marie said...

Wow...this is simply gorgeous!
I love the image.
xx

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us over at CES Challenges, hope to see you again.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

La Vikinga said...

Great job with the bird!! Thanks for participating with Crafty Ribbons Challenges in traditional colours,

La Vikinga