Monday, 7 November 2011

Out of the Box


Yay, I've actually got on with some Christmas cards today.  For this one I used my brand new Stampin' Up Beautiful Seasons set.  I watercoloured the image with Whispers pens and then added some bling with Holly Stickles (oooh I'm loving stickles at the mo!).  I followed the fab tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers to cut my image using Nestabilites Labels Four.  I've seen this done before and always wondered how it was done and now I know I shall use it again.  I then matted my image onto a green die cut to make it stand out more.  The bg paper is from SU's Holly Berry Boquet DP (so sparkly).  For my sentiment I used the free stamp from the recent Craft Stamper (by The Stampman) and stamped it in Black Cherry StazOn onto clear shrink plastic and then shrank it.  Such a fab technique.  Then I added some sparkly ribbon (also from SU).
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Little Claire - Christmas
Jingle Belles - It came upon a midnight CLEAR
Winter Wonderland - Make your card sparkle
Delightful Challenges - A Very Sparkly Christmas
The Ribbon Girl - Jingle All the Way to Christmas

17 comments:

Birgit said...

Love the card! Stickles are great eh?! Ooops...I am showing my Canadian come through:) I love how you cut out the chikodee and coloured him so well...love the ribbon too as it reminds me of peppermint:)

Danielle said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week for our 'Make it Sparkle' challenge!
Hugs, Danielle

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful card Jack. Love what you've done with the CS freebie, x

Peggy said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!

1CardCreator said...

Very pretty.

Louise said...

Love it - the bird is gorgeous x
Thank you for joining us at Little Claires x

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Jacqueline! The out of the box technique looks perfect...thank you for playing the FTTC with us! Hugs ~S~

SmilynStef said...

Love that shrink plastic medallion ... *clearly* fabulous ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous sparkle thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have some more new candy if you are interested :)

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING!!~

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCC.

melsanford said...

Fab card - love the out-of-the-box-iness :-) That's some intricate little cutting there! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

lauren bergold said...

Oh wow! All of these are totally gorgeous cards but of course I'm bound to say the very clever one with the shrink Plastic reindeer is mw very favorite one! Such a great idea and a beautiful image!!!

Electra said...

These are REALLY pretty!

sallysbitz said...

Totally gorgeous x
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Marie B. said...

Such a pretty image, and great coloring! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty! I love the image- and the perfect Christmas colors.