Sunday, 27 November 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 21 - Sparkle

This week we have a great theme at Dream Valley - Sparkle!  Any kind of sparkle on your creation will count.  This week one of our fab teamies is offering two Lily of The Valley stamps as a prize - go check them out. 

I decided to have some fun with masks I got from Hobby Craft.   For the first one I gave it an undercoat with white acrylic paint.  Then I gave it a second layer with a pearlised white acrylic paint to give it it's first bit of sparkle.  Next I stamped some butterflies (Dark Room Door) onto tissue paper using StazOn Teal and Fuschia.  I stuck them to the mask then added some glitter glue and gems.  I added more gems and finally some feathers (think 'Her name was Lola' LOL).
I had a second mask and lots of paint left so I did this one too.  Instead of an undercoat, this time I painted the pearlised white acrylic paint direclty onto the brown mask and it gave it a coppery effect.  Then I stamped the flowers (Crafty Individuals 206) onto tissue paper and coloured them with Inktense pencils then stuck them onto the mask.  I added some lovely gems (they were on my friends table and were soooooo calling to me!) and a few flowers layered together.  I think this one is from Rio!

6 comments:

MagsB said...

These are just amazing! I love the gorgeous colours and patterns you've added to the masks, just stunning!

love, MagsB x

melsanford said...

Oh these are fab!!! Love the effects of the pearlised paint :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Birgit said...

This is fantatsic in my book! makes me think of Venice:) I love the butterflies and glitter9of course) and the other mask is great with the flower-very 60's inspired to me.

Lynne in NI said...

WOW! These are so cool!

Sally said...

Hi Jack, great looking masks & what a lot of work you put into them.
Sally x

Melly said...

Just wow! These are both amazing! I love them!
Maybe you could do a wee tutorial and get us all making them heee
Hugs M xxx