Sunday, 13 November 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 20 - Stitching

This week we'd like to see stitching on your creations at Dream Valley Challenges.  It can be faux stitching, sewing machine stitching or even hand stitching.  Our sponsor this week is the fabulous One Stop Card Crafts who are offering one lucky winner a £10 voucher for their shop.  Here is my attempt but go check out the fab creations from my teamies, such variety and talent.

I decided to do some cross stitch.  I used to do it ages ago but as I haven't done any for a long, long time I went into Hobby Craft and bought one of their Christmas kits (very cheap!).  It came complete with aida, thread (enough to do the robin twice) and even an embroidery needle.  It took no time at all and was fun to do.   I covered a card blank with paper that was free with a magazine and then cut an aperture with my round Nestabilities and mounted my cross stitch behind it.  I framed my work with glitter card (also cut with nesties).  The sentiment is from Habico Christmas Greetings stamped in Stampin' Up Red Riding Hood.  I've also added a bit of faux stitching round the edge and too finish it off I added a couple of bits of bling.
I'd like to enter my card in Samuel Taylors November Challenge which is to make Christmas Cards, and Rogue Redhead Designs RC005 - only one DP.

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful cross stitch,and a gorgeous card.xxx

Carrie's Corner said...

What a cute little Robin and great idea to combine cross stitching and a card!

Hugs
Carrie

Cath Wilson said...

Wow! The multi-talented Jack strikes again. You are certainly a woman of many facets :-) You'd be surprised how many people came from embroidery to stamping - used to meet them all the time in the shop. I still treasure the cross stitch cards sent to me, though - there's a lot of work in one of those. Great work, Jack x

melsanford said...

Awwww! That robin is super cute! Gorgeous little cross stitch - love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

lynne said...

I think you already know that it was cross-stitching that led me on this path. I still have a very large, incomplete project kicking around.
This is full of cheer.
Wishes
Lynne

Khristen said...

I love cross stitching and do it all the time (I have a lighthouse project going in the car, I do it when I am sitting in the car line at school waiting for the kids, or waiting for them at a practice of some form), I've never even thought to put one on a card! Thanks for the inspiration!

xx
Khristen

The Rogue Redhead said...

Your cross-stitching is amazing (and super cute)! Love your card! Thanks for playing the Dress Down Rebel Challenge at RRD!

Mags said...

This is so cute! I love how you've matched the papers to the threads so well! What an interesting texture stitching on aida gives to a card!

luv, Mags x

Lin said...

Fabulous cross stitching Jack. Such a cute little bird!

Lin xx