Monday, 28 November 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 57 - Heat Embossing and DT call

We are having a DT call over at Crafty Cardmakers.  The new team won't start until January and all information can be found here.

Our new challenge starts today and this week our theme is heat embossing.  It was set by Josephine who says 'Any technique using heat embossing - stamping or ultra-thick embossing powder or something else I haven't thought of.'  We are sponsored by the fabulous Stampman who are offering a set of Starburst stains, Holiday Wreath, as a prize for one lucky person.  I've got this set and I have to say they are really, really lush!

I chose to use the snowflake flourish from Inkadinkado.  I stamped it with Encore Silver ink onto dark blue pearlised card.  Then I heat embossed it using some fab Holographic Embossing Powder.  I'm afraid my picture doesn't really show the fabulous glimmer this powder gives.  I mounted it onto silver card and then onto a white card blank.  I added silver peel-offs round the edge and a silver snowflake cut with my Cuttlebug die.
I then had a play with a new stamp, Robin Script by Funstamps.  I stamped this onto red mirror card with Encore Gold ink and embossed it with Holographic EP, mounting it onto gold card and using gold peel-offs.  This was sooooo hard to photograph but I think you get the idea.

11 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Photography's a poor second to real life, isn't it, Jack? Bet they're both beautiful and sparkly. LOVE that robin. I'm not a sparkly ep fan but at Christmas it really is perfect. Lovely cards x

Birgit said...

Oh wow...LOVE the blue card! The holgraphic powder sounds really neat and your stamp is so beautiful, elegant and simple...just perfect and the papers are so rich. I love the bird on the red mirror cardstock..I love the mirror paper anyway:)

Josephine said...

These are both fabulous, Jack. I love that stamp you used first - and it's beautifully embossed. And I've never tried embossing on mirror card - it looks great!

Princess4Wiz said...

Hi Jack :-) Both of your cards are gorgeous! I particularly love the first one. The embossing is just stunning!

Beth. xxx

Sally said...

Hi Jack, this is a really pretty stamp & you've embossed it beautifully. It looks great on the dark blue background.
Sally x

melsanford said...

Gorgeous cards, Jack! These are absolutely beautiful :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Melly said...

Ohhh honey these are just stunning! I adore that stamp and the gorjuss embossing just pops!
The red is very striking!
Hugs M xxx

Terry said...

Both of these are are stunning! Love the embossing!

Kitika said...

This is simply and beautiful cards!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful embossing ! very dynamic and classy pieces love the gold and and the mirror card.

Marie

Scrapcat 1 said...

While I really like the snowflake stamp I love the bird stamp.