Monday, 14 November 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 56 - Recycle

We are getting all green over at Crafty Cardmakers and our theme this week is recycle.  You could, for example, turn a container into a pen pot, use the inside of a roll of tape to make a jewellery box, or use a piece of a box for your card.  The possibilities are endless and it gives us Crafters a good reason for saving all those bits and pieces we hoard away, lol.  We are sponsored this week by the lovely Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 voucher for her fabulous online shop to one lucky winner.

I decided to do something with the old Smash container that I've kept my Whispers Pens in for the last 3.  I know a musical theme is unusual for a pen pot but my choice was dictated by the paper I used.  The paper is from Stampin' Up called Newsprint.  I added some cream lace and then stamped some music notes directly onto the paper using Encore Copper ink.  The stamps are from Aspects of Design Classical Instruments set.  Then I stamped a couple of the instruments onto copper Art Emboss Metal using black StazOn, cut them out and popped them onto the container.   

9 comments:

Papercraft By Carole said...

Love the newsprint paper!! A great storage idea!! Haven't we all been busy!! Cxxx

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, love pen pots, Jack. I have a couple here which have been recycled for me but you know, I've never yet made one myself, lol? Must put it on my 'to do' list - one day, one day. Need to find a container first, though, lol. Great work x

Bea und Doreen said...

such a cool box, Jack. the paper is great.
my little book is really easy to make - but I can make one for you ;)
The little birdies - that's an Overlay

http://www.danipeuss.de/scrapbooking/275-dekomaterial/99-folie/20723-hambly-12x12q-overlay-birds-on-wire-antique-teal?keyword=overlay

I love such overlays *lol*
have a nice day
Hugs, Doreen xx

Michele said...

such a pretty "recycle" project! beautiful and useful work! xo

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love to recycle and the lace adds so much glamour to your creation
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Mags said...

What a great idea! Your finished pot looks so elegant, I was really surprised to see the old Smash container! Great work!

luv, Mags x

melsanford said...

What a fab container! I really ought to follow your lead and decorate my promarkers shoebox :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lin said...

Wow fabulous container Jack. In fact really I should say 'smashing' *slinks off to hide*.

Lin

PS Boy have you ever been busy, so much gorgeous stuff so little time to comment on all of it.

Mynnette said...

Fab project--love the colors you chose!!! It's so nice to make things that are functional pretty as well! :)