Wednesday, 16 November 2011

10 minute Christmas Card

One of the groups I'm on has challenged us to make a Christmas card in 10 minutes or under.  Easy peasy I thought!  I got myself organised and it took  me just under the 10 mins to do this card.  Clearing up took much, much longer - not helped by the fact that my ribbon fell off the spool and I had to wind it back on!  I started with a stamp I bought from Oyster Craft ages ago and stamped it onto white card using Versafine Onyx Black.  While it dried I cut my silver mat to fit my card blank and wrapped some black ribbon round it.  Then I popped it onto my card and added a little bow using a glue dot.  I stuck my image onto black card and cut round the edges with deckle-edged scissors then using a glue runner, stuck it to my card.  Finally I added some stickles to the corner decorations.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Allsorts - Black and White plus one (silver)
Crafts and Me - Simples
Crafters Companion - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Really Reasonable Ribbons - CAS Christmas and ribbon

9 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Lovin' your beautiful CAS Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining in the CAS Challenge on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog :)

fatmonica said...

It's a great card!

Terry said...

Very lovely CAS! Great idea for Christmas cards!

Nicola said...

Fab 10 minute Christmas card, very stylish!
Thanks so much for entering my Black/White plus one challenge for Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Feebsy said...

Wow I can't believe this only took you 10 minutes, it's so stylish. Love the image, very classic.

It made me smile when you said it took longer to clean up than create!

Feebsy
xx

Lottie said...

10 minutes - bah humbug - I can't make a card in 2 hours - let alone 10 minutes - well done

Maria said...

Beautiful card
Maria x

http://designsbymkm.blogspot.com

Karen said...

WOW Your card is simply gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at Crafts and Me :-)
Lots of Hugs
Karen
xxx

Mina said...

wow how amazing you made this in under ten minuets...beautifully elegant card Jack...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me challenge this week
Mina xxx