Thursday, 6 October 2011

Pop-up flowers














I joined a swap for a Pop-Up card and while searching on the computer found this fab card - http://1cardcreator.blogspot.com/2009/02/pop-up-card.html complete with instructions.  So here is my version.  I started with bright orange card for my inner and outer card and as I own a Stampin' Up Word Window punch I used that to make the slots for the step as instructed, lol.  It certainly made life easier as I was able to get the slots the same size.  Next I got out a favourite paper pad (DCWV Pocket Full of Posies) and used 4 of the pages to stamp flowers in various sizes from SU's Playful Petals set adding a tiny bit of bling with Sakura Stardust pens.  Then came the cutting out!  Before I added my flowers I decorated both the outside and inside of my card - outside sentiment from Paper Makeup stamps; inside sentiment unknown, both cut with Nestabilities Labels Four.  Then I added my flowers and some little bees (Anita's stamp) stamped onto yellow vellum with their wings blinged.

12 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so clever!

Lucy x

Sharon said...

wow gorgeous flowers - great effect!

Ali Manning said...

What a fabulous card!

Willy said...

Love your flowery card, Jack!

Cindy-Up In Northern Michigan said...

This is so cool! Love the colors and all the flowers.

Maria Matter said...

fabulously beautiful Jack!!!

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card!!! i love all those colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Terry said...

Lovely and such a clever design! Oh, you might want to stop by and have a blog visit with me!

Feebsy said...

Wow fabulous card Jack, great colour combo. I love the stamps you've used such a cute bee!

Thanks for the link I'm going to read through the instructions and store the idea away.

Feebsy
xx

Marjie Kemper said...

That's a gorgeous card. I love how all the layers pop!

karen said...

wow Jack what a lovely card... I shall be having a go.

karen x

1CardCreator said...

Wow Jack what a gorgeous card! The flowers you chose worked perfectly and the bees are adorable, You really made the technique shine! Thanks so much for linking back to my tutorial too, much appreciated. I bet that card swap was awesome! ~Diane