Friday, 21 October 2011

I think I've finally got it . . .

I have some lovely Photo-real stamps and I have had so much trouble not just stamping them, but also photographing them that I have nearly given up on them.  Then I discovered it wasn't them . . . it was me, lol.  I had been using photo-paper to stamp on and apparently that's not what you use.  You use GLOSSY card.  Oh what a difference.  I still need practice but the results are so much better.


So, I stamped my Flapper (from The Stampsmith Flaper 3 plate) onto Glossy card using Saddle Brown StazOn, then cut and mounted her using Nestabilities Ovals.  The bg paper is from K&Co Isabella pad (so pretty) and I added some eyelet lace across the middle.  Behind my image I've added some postcards (Aspect of Design in Stampin' Up Soft Suede) and then on top a little frame (again SU - Four Frames coloured with whispers pens)  with a greeting, and a flower.  Finally I've added some pearls.
I'd like to enter my card into the Vintage challenge at Moving Along with the Times.

7 comments:

Lottie said...

Absolutely stunning - and a perfect stamped image

Ann B said...

Photo stamps are a pain to get right Jack but you have done this one perfectly and a lovely card as a result.

lynne said...

Hi
Yes, it is glossy cardstock. Remember when you asked me about them a long time ago I said I find that a brayer, glossy cardstock and archival ink are what work best for me.
Photo paper is a no go area LOL.
A beautiful card. I have this stamp and shocked to say I haven't had a chance to use it as yet.
Lynne x

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - love that pretty image and the postcards
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our vintage challenge
Lisa x

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful, and oh so vintage, x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super what a great card, thanks for playing along on our vintage week on MAWTT, Love Hazelxoxo

Scrapcat 1 said...

glad you got your paper sorted as throwing these away would have been such a waste