Saturday, 29 October 2011

I needed sunshine so . . .

We have had some very grey days and I felt in need of sunshine so I made this Thank You card nice and bright and cheerful.  I started with a white card blank and layered on some brown card.  Onto that I added some Stampin' Up Greenhouse Gala DP to the bottom half and orange card stamped with SU Ornate Flowers in Pumpkin to the top half and hid the join with a strip of green card.  I stamped the large flower from Ornate Flowers and the 'Thanks' from Scrappy Cat onto white card in SU Old Olive and tucked some scraps of ribbon behind this.

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

How lovely this looks with the colors gelling so well together. I also like the way you placed the ribbons
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Cath Wilson said...

Very bright and sunny, Jack. Love the ribbon - haven't done that in a while.. the green of the flower is lovely x

Mags said...

Pretty! Lovely green and orange, and lovely strips of ribbon! I love the stamping on the orange background!

luv, Mags x

Birgit said...

Sunnt Days are needed:) What a great way to bring in the sun! Love the stamping on the orange backgound the green flower

lynne said...

I am sure you felt so much better after making your card and seeing those bright, cheerful colours.
Wishes
Lynne

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, love the way you placed the ribbons!