Friday, 21 October 2011

I love Autumn


I was worried we weren't going to get a 'proper' autumn as we seemed to be getting our summer at the beginning of October (!) but it's here.  The leaves are all changing to the most glorious colours, there is frost on the ground and the fields are being ploughed.  I love it, lol.  So I decided to get out my Stampin' Up Autumn Days set and make a birthday card for my BiL.  First I stamped the lovely pheasant which I had coloured with just 4 Whispers pens by scribbling on him (red for his eye, teal for his neck and some bits on his body, and light and dark brown).  Then I masked him (cutting his tail was sooooo hard!) and stamped the background using SU inks More Mustard and Crumb Cake.  I added some tan coloured card to the bottom of the picture then cut it into a square and rounded the corners, mounting it onto a piece of dark brown card with, again, rounded corners, then added a leaf brad.  I wanted to use my large corner rounder from Woodware but have never achieved a great corner with this as the card won't go right into the guide and you always end up with a funny edge!  So it was back to my small, perfect, corner rounder.  Then I matted and layered brown and a sort of greeny/gold card onto my cream card blank after first wrapping round some SU twine, and popped my pheasant on the top.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafty Boots - Autumn Challenge
The Artistic Stamper - Autumn Colours
CES Challenges - Forever Autumn

11 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

That's a lovely stamp, Jack and you've really done him justice. Gorgeous. I love Autumn too - but only when there's no wind and rain, lol. The crisp mornings and autumn sun are brilliant, not to mention the glorious colours and the migrating birds, lol x

cockney blonde said...

Jack, your colouring is amazing. Your card really depicts Autumn. I too love this season with its changing colours, x

cockney blonde said...

OMG Jack. Your comment on My Last Clue is hilarious. I have been ROFLOLPMP......

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Jack! Thanks for joining us at The Artistic Stamper Challenge! x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab stamp and so nicely coloured.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Birgit said...

What a great fall card. I love the leaf brad and the pheasant and he is not under glass:) Actually i am not sure what that is and how it is made...OK getting off topic. I love the wheat in the backgound too. You're right about fall...took a while to come and our Thanksgiving was so warm i thought it was August! The leaves now are so beautiful. Have a great weekend

Scrapcat 1 said...

wow this is stunning, I love it

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. What a great CAS layout. Thanks for playing at GHWI.

melissac said...

Beautiful card!! I just love its simplicity!! Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity!! Blessings!

Artyjen said...

Such lovely colours to match the gorgeous pheasant image. Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month.
xoxo Sioux

Lucy Edmondson said...

Wonderful! Love the colouring and the sense of movement in the corn,

Lucy x