Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Going round in circles

Cherry Cobbler/Old Olive/Pumpkin Pie/Early Expresso
Riding Hood Red/Basic Black
Early Expresso/So Saffron/Soft Suede
Baja Breeze/Wild Wasabi

Old Olive/Certainly Celery/Garden Green
 
Ages and ages ago (at least a year ago) I saw a card made with circle stamps that I really liked.  So I bought this set of stamps by Hero Arts (Circular Designs) and they have sat in my drawer unused all that time.  I finally got them out and went mad making five cards.  I started by cutting strips of white card and stamping various circles on them in various colours (all Stampin' Up ink - see captions), then stamped a smaller circle on spare card and cut it with a Woodware circle punch and popped it on top using foam pads.  I matted the strip onto coloured card with one edge punched (Martha Stewart Scallop Dots) and added a piece of ribbon.  What made me get these stamps out and play with them after all this time???  Well it was The Stamp Man challenge, Circle it.  So I'd like to enter my cards in their challenge.





6 comments:

Mags said...

Wowee, don't these look good! Such a deceptively simple idea, made stunning by those gorgeous colours! Ace work!!

luv, Mags x

Susie said...

I love these - fab layout, and fab colours! Susie x

Feebsy said...

These are wonderful, I love the colour combinations you've used. I think I might have to "borrow" your idea!

Feebsy
xx

cockney blonde said...

Very effective Jack and a great quickie for those last minute cards. Love them, x

Cath Wilson said...

Love this circle design. I made one similar a couple of weeks ago, though much simpler and they're really quick and easy cards x

Scrapcat 1 said...

These are fabulous, so simple but very effective.