Thursday, 20 October 2011

Everything's coming up roses . . .


For a recent parchment swap the theme was gridwork and roses.  I went with a pattern from Aileen Childs which was published in Parchment Craft Magazine in February 2010.  The rose was coloured without tracing first by using Derwent Studio pencils on the front, then highlighted with embossing from behind..  Then as I do not own any PCA grids I used a Large Straight Pergamano grid put put it at an angle to get the diagonal lines for the large heart and the heart-shaped borders.

5 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Jack, you must have so much patience to produce these parchment cards. This is beautiful and so effective. Love it, x

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous, Jack - I so admire your parch craft!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Fantastic and lovely that you did it without tracing-- I think I should try that-- recently I was quite unhappy with the mark the tracing left..Your rose and grid work are fantastic

lynne said...

Pretty and delicate.
Lynne x

Scrapcat 1 said...

I so admire your parchment craft it is stunning