Sunday, 2 October 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 17 - Monochrome

This week at Dream Valley our challenge is for you to use Monochrome tones on your creation.  This fortnight's winner will receive a £10 voucher from the fabby One Stop Card Crafts
I went with shades of brown and was inspired by my friend Cath who is a real artist.

I got our a new stamp set to play with - The Girls from the Tim Holtz Collection at Stampers Anonymous.  Isn't she gorgeous.  I stamped her in Timber Brown StazOn onto cream card then matted and layered her onto two different tones of brown card.  The background is made using the Polished Stone technique with Alcohol Inks in Butterscotch, Mushroom and Copper.  I stamped the word 'Giggle' directly onto the background in Saddle Brown StazOn and the little words at the bottom and 'Be Happy' at the top (from PaperArtsy Stage Lights 4) in Timber Brown.  Then I added a hand cut heart from a dictionary page which I had edged with felt pens.

16 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Aw, Jack - it's lovely and what a lovely compliment. I love the colour scheme and the design is brilliant - lovely stamps. I can't see how I've influenced this at all but it's nice that you think I did, lol. Thank you x

lynne said...

Gorgeous colour scheme and this makes me want to smile, it is her infectious smile that does it.
Lovely card.
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

what an adorable images Jack, love the vintage feel of your card too, debi x

Cgra said...

Very nice, the background is beautiful.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is terrific! Huge impact. Love it,

Lucy x

Birgit said...

Great card-Love the backgound with the alcohol inks too!

Melly said...

Aww Jack this is lovely!
The image is so fab and I love the colour tones!
Hugs M xxx

Willy said...

Absolutely adorable and beautiful!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh this is beautiful Jack, I LOVE your new stamps!

Terry said...

Great vintage feel in this card! Love the little girls image. I have not purchased one of the new TH stamp sets!! Not sure how that is possible! Have fun!

Sharon said...

Just gorgeous Jack! Love the monochrome look! Great image and text background too!

Lin said...

Jack this is a real stunner. You have a style that is just so you and I love it!

Lin xx

PS Lots of other lovely stuff on here but don't have time to leave comments on every post sorry ;-(

Alexa said...

Lovely card with great monochrome theme. It works really well in brown!

melsanford said...

This is lovely! Love the image and gorgeous shades of brown :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carrie's Corner said...

What a fun card and fantastic image!

Hugs
Carrie

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous card, Jack! I love that image... she's a doll... and love your gorgeous colors/polished stone technique.