Monday, 3 October 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 53 - Anything Goes

Well, after a short break Crafty Cardmakers is back with a nice easy challenge - Anything Goes.  We are really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  We have a new team so go check them out on the blog.  There is some wonderful inspiration on there.  We also have a slight change to our rules in that we will accept anything that has been entered into 15 challenges (that's 14 plus our own).  And as usual we have a lovely prize (Two Clear Stamp sets by Pink Paislee).  We are really looking forward to playing with you again.

 

Well, Anything Goes, so how could I resist.  I just had to get my parchment bits out and have a play.  I chose a pattern by my favourite designer, Judith Maslen, which was printed in the September 2009 edition of Parchment Craft Magazine.  It's called Autumn Fairy.  Isn't she gorgeous.  I used Derwent Studio pencils for her upper part and for the acorns and leaves.  Then I embossed her skirt and wings and added embossed highlights to the pencil work.  I made the border using a semi-circle tool and a sun tool and behind that, on the reverse of the parchment, I coloured blue using a pencil.  The edging of the parchment was made using the semi-circle tool again and a cross tool, then adding some gold pen. 

8 comments:

Bea und Doreen said...

thanks a lot Jack. Your card is so lovely.
doreen xx

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! this stunning Jack.

Donna x

Josephine said...

You're doing it again, Jack. Making me want to try yet another technique! (I've got too much stuff as it is. And too long a wish-list too!)

Parchment always looks so special, and this is really lovely.

Lin said...

OMW Jack this is just stunning! The movement in her dress is so realistic and the whole creation is beautiful.

Thanks for your support the last few days with the relaunch.

BTW do you like my new witch??

Lin xx

melsanford said...

So beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Birgit said...

This is so sweet and love the colouring and embossing on her skirt and wings...you really brought out the flow of the skirt

Scrapcat 1 said...

I love looking at your parchment work it is fantastic.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow what a beauty Jack
Thank You for telling me I missed one!

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com