Tuesday, 18 October 2011

A Couple of Cuties

I have been busy (for a change) and have made a batch of different cards.  These two use stamps I haven't played with for a while and are from Penny Black.

For this card I chose these cute mice from Penny Black Micey Day.  I stamped them onto watercolour card and then painted them using Whispers Pens and a little bit of Sakura Stardust.  They were then cut and matted using Nestabilities Ovals.  The main card was cut using a GoKreate Large Frame - Frilly #2 and I cut the bg paper (from PaperMania Creative Tones in Amethyst) with the same die.  I added a couple of swirls (QuicKutz Flourish), some flowers and bling and stamped the sentiment directly onto the bg paper.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss Ch. 102 - Bingo (Flowers/Swirls/Bling)

My second card using the stamp set Hugs!

Aren't these hedgehogs gorgeous!  Again they are stamped onto watercolour card and painted using Whispers pens.  Then they are cut, matted and layered using Nestability Square and Scallop Square dies.  The bg paper is from Basic Grey Boxer 12x12 (which I've had for ages cos there is only one sheet of each and it's sooooo hard to cut into, lol).  I edged the corner with my Martha Stewart Scallop Dot punch, added a sentiment (Stampin' Up Warm Wishes) and some bling using my i-rocks tool.  Finally I got out the much underused Flowersoft to add round the bottom of the flower pots.  I used Heather and Christmas Green mixed.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Stampin' For The Weekend Ch. 18 - Colours of Autumn
Delightful Challenges - Colours of Fall
Penny Black at Allsorts - Picture inspiration
Sketches by Carly - Sketch 42

19 comments:

Mervi said...

Both cards are so beautiful, my favourite is the hedgies and the pots, great colouring!

Thanks for playing with Penny Black at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

snailzpace said...

aww, both cards are so cute featuring critters! i love the purple and die cuts in the first one and the rich fall colours in the second, plus the flower soft. thank you for playing along with the penny black at allsorts october challenge.
linda

Gaynor said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the details, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE those nedgenogs - aren't they beautiful? I still don't have any of those PB nedgenogs and I've alwaya loved them - something to remedy, I think, lol. Gorgeous x

Choccy said...

Both cute cards !!
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At a Time for our 'Shape Up' challenge.
Good Luck !
Hope to see you back next week :O)

Choccy x

Lee said...

Really Beautiful cards.

kath said...

gorgeous cards jack...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Judie aka Craftymess said...

they are both gorjuss jack, love the second one though, colours are brill

hugs
Judie xx

Bea und Doreen said...

cute cute cute - your cards are so gorgeous.
Doreen xx

Robin Parker said...

The shape of your creation is awesome. Loving the cute mice image. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

Ellie said...

What adorable card! Loving both stamps, the flourishes look fabulous on the first card and gorgeous colors, and the hedgies in the second card are just too cute!
So happy you shared with us at penny black at all sorts!

Kathy W. said...

Both cards are so sweet! Thanks for playing along at Sketches by Carly *Ü*

maryr917 said...

love your sweet hedgie card-the flower soft is a perfect touch-thanks for joining in on the creative belli challenge

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous cards and so cute too.
luv
Debby

bettand said...

Just love the lavendar mouse card there. It is a beautiful shape and I love how you've decorated it. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - those mice look ready to party!
Thanks for joining us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

louise said...

Great card love the shape, thanks for joining us at Penny Black @ Allsorts this week.
Louise xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

aawwwhh they are so cute!

Carly said...

Hi Jack!:)
This card is so cute! I love the dp that you used. Thanks for playing in my sketch!

xxCARLYxx