Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Birds and Bookmarks

I've been making more parchment things this week as I have been out and about and parchment is something I can take with me.  First up is a card I made for my Mother-in-Law who has just had a big op.


The pattern for the Blue Tit came from Parchment Craft Magazine April 2010 and is by Lauren Berry.  I coloured the little bird with my Derwent Studio pencils, then mounted it on blue card, adding peel-offs round the edge and decorative corners.  The background paper is from Create and Craft.
Next I made a bookmark for my Daughter-in-Law.
This pattern was from the Pergamano Parchment Craft book by Martha Ospina.  I traced the pattern using a Pilot Gold Gel pen and Tinta Pearl White ink.  Then I added colour by putting dots of felt pen where I wanted it darkest and spreading it with a damp brush.  The gridwork was done on both a large and small straight grid and embossing was added to the flowers and borders.  Finally it was mounted onto some pastel rainbow parchment which I had cut with decorative scissors.

5 comments:

lynne said...

Your parchment art always produces such a delicate effect.
Very beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Dr Sonia S V said...

Have been waiting to see more of your Parchment. Guess your hands are better now. So gorgeous
Keep crafting
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

2amscrapper said...

so pretty in parchment

Melly said...

Just beautiful!
Its all looks so elegant and pretty! I adore it all, especially that wee bookmark!
Hugs M xxx

melsanford said...

Oh wow! That blue tit is gorgeous! And the bookmark is really pretty :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx