Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Holiday Homework



I have been up to Wales for two weeks and while there I took my parchment to play with.  This is one of the cards I made.  It is an old pattern by Josephine Davidson (published in Parchment Craft Magazine August 2007).  I coloured the butterflies and flowers with Derwent Studio Pencils on the reverse and used a large, straight grid for the grid work.  I wish now I'd used the small grid as there isn't much pattern between the butterflies and flowers.  I added some peel-offs to finish it off.  If I make this again I will change the pattern slightly so that the two front pieces don't overlap but it sits more like a gatefold card as you can't really see the fancy edge of the gridwork when the card is closed.


7 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow Its a beauty- I love love your parchment work

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

lynne said...

Jack
This card could not be any prettier.
So delicate.
Wishes
Lynne

cockney blonde said...

Love your parchment card Jack and the colouring is beautiful and subtle, x

2amscrapper said...

This is gorgeous!

melsanford said...

Oh soooo pretty! Beautiful :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

wow that is stunning I love it as it is

creativchen said...

Dear Jack,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com