Monday, 5 September 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 52 - Summer Holiday Memories

Hope you have all enjoyed the Summer Break.  And what a summer - where was it, LOL!  Well, we are back at Crafty Cardmakers and our challenge for this week is Summer Holiday Memories.  Now come on, it wasn't all rain.  We did have a couple of nice days, lol.  Our prize for this week is a £10 voucher to spend in the lovely Joanna Sheen online store.
For my card I decided to let you all have a peek at what a glamorous bathing costume I wear, LOL.  I live about 35 mins from the coast so I spend a lot of time there (although I very rarely put on this lovely bathing costume).  I made the background picture using my The Light and the Sea set of stamps from Stampscapes, then watercoloured the scene using Whispers pens.  Then I made a frame by cutting the square out of a piece of blue card using Nesties and then running the card through the cuttlebug using Tim Holtz's Texture Fade Retro Circles.  The bathing beauty is from Artistic Stamper Seaside No 1 plate and the sentiment is from Hero Arts Anytime Messages.  To finish off I added the little seashell buttons.

5 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely shades of blue, Jack - love it. Hope things are going well for you :-)

lynne said...

Love the retro feel to this beautiful card.
Lynne x

Made by Mandy said...

Lucky you, I didn't realise you were so close to the coast. I am glad to hear you make the most of it Jack :)

It's been great to be on the DT with you at Crafty Cardmakers but it is now time for me to move on to pastures new and let some new blood in.

Good luck and lots of love Mandy xxx

Michele said...

wow Jack this card makes me very happy! that's a lot of joy there. beautiful framing and delightful image. nice bathing suit too! xo

melsanford said...

Fab card - love the peek through the frame at the beach. It makes you want to step through! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx