Sunday, 11 September 2011

ATC Challenges No. 10 - Anything Goes or Something that Represents You

Well what would you make if asked to make something that represented you?  That is the challenge over at the ATC Challenge blog this week. 
Well, what says 'ME' more than an elephant escaping from it's background, LOL.  I think anyone looking at this ATC will know it's made by me as this is my absolute favourite type of project.  It involves stamps, ink and masking!  First I started with the green ATC, then I matted some blue card on top.  Then I got a piece of white card and stamped my elephant (English Stamp Company) in Stampin' Up Basic Grey.  I masked the elephant, then cut an oval (using my trusty Nesties) out of a Post It Note and placed that over the top.  I tore some strips of paper and sponged on SU Old Olive and Bashful Blue to make the background, then removed the masks.  To balance my ATC I added the old faithful Stampscape branch.  And there you have it!

6 comments:

lynne said...

Jack
You are not only Queen of the Jungle you are Queen of Masking. You are taking masking and really made it your own.
Beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Birgit said...

I love the image of the elephant! This is a great card and I love the masking

cockney blonde said...

Love this ATC Jack and such a lovely layout, x

Michele said...

this ATC is in perfect balance. i love how you've laid it all out. wonderful. xo

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Jack .
Beautiful scene behind image , everything placed just right . Great colours .
Shirley-anne

melsanford said...

Gorgeous ATC - love the background :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx