Monday, 22 August 2011

Inspired by Inky Fingers

I have a friend who really comes up with some brilliant ideas and I'm afraid I've actually gone and stolen one (tee hee!).  Her blog is called Inky Fingers.  We had to make cards for a challenge ages ago using Alcohol Inks.  Well I did the usual thing and made a polished stone type bg but not her!  No she did this fabulous Swoosh thingy.  Sooooo classy.  So here are my attempts to come up with my own versions (or rather, copy, lol).


So for my first cards I used lovely shiny card and swooshed Red Pepper and Wild Plum Alcohol Inks across the middle.  Then I added the butterfly (Stampin' Up Nature Walk) and the sentiments (one from Hero Arts Anytime messages and one unknown).  Finished off by matting onto matching coloured card and then popping them onto white card blanks.  And I have to admit, these are probably more of a C.A.S.E. job.

These two are slightly more 'me'.  I added blender solution to my inks (Butterscotch and Lemonade) and found the colour too weak so my swoosh hardly showed.  Then I had the brilliant idea of going over the line of ink again and again with a stamping motion.  I quite like this effect.  I added the sweet little bee (again from SU Nature Walk) in Saddle Brown StazOn, stamped an extra bee for each card, cut it out and mounted it with a sticky pad.  These were then mounted onto  matching card and again popped onto white card blanks.  I have to say I rather like these and no doubt will be making lots more like this. 

6 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Lovely Jack. Love the vibrancy of the top one. Isn't crafting great. You can get inspiration from others, just as they get inspiration from you, and then put your own stamp on it. Fab, x

melsanford said...

These are beautfiul, Jack! Love the effects :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Shar said...

These are so vibrant! Love your designs!

Cath Wilson said...

Looks good, Jack - love your take, too. And it's not 'stolen' - it's shared - isn't that what blogging is all about? Thanks for the compliment :-)

Birgit said...

These are fun cards and I like what you did with the alcohol inks...the bees are cute...you have been a busy bee (ouch bad pun:))

Sharon said...

Both great cards but I particularly like the one with the bees!!!