Monday, 22 August 2011

I'm on a Roll!!

Had a lovely busy few days making cards, so this is my 3rd post today.  I've got a few other cards that I've made but they can wait for another day.
I'm really enjoying getting back into Parchment after my enforced break (a bout of carple tunnel which, thankfully, has disappeared).  I took my time over this as it was a pattern I had tried before and messed up.  I'm afraid I don't know who's pattern it is as it was given to me at a parchment lesson I went to ages ago and has no details on it.  I traced the pattern with a white pencil, then added colour to the reverse using Whispers Pens.  Then I added a little bit of embossing to the bamboo and leaves, and lots of gridwork to the rest.  I backed the parchment with some sparkly brown card, popped it onto a card blank and added the lovely sentiment from Stampscapes. 

7 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

I think I must be the most ardent admirer of your parchment craft-- ever since I saw your elephant. The hues of this card are fantastic!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

jackid said...

Jack this is stunning I love it wish I could do it this well love the coloursto very subtle
Jacki xx

Mags said...

Wow, this is so elegant and subtle!

luv, Mags x

Terry said...

You have been beautifully busy! Lovely card and such great texture!

melsanford said...

A beautiful card! All those details are gorgeous :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Birgit said...

I am amazed you were able to make 3 cards! This is so pretty and I know the work involved ...I must be ultra slow or you are just definately...make that most definately, accomplished at what you do!!! This is a great card

lynne said...

So elegant.
Lynne x