Monday, 8 August 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 13 - Distressing

Over at Dream Valley Challenges this week the theme is Distressed.   This could be using distress inks, distress your papers, or go wild and distress everything.  We have two sponsors this week.  The fab One Stop Card Crafts are offering a £10 voucher for their on-line store, and the Digi Doodle Shop are offering a $10 voucher.  Go check out the cards by my teamies, but here is mine:

I used the fab 1930 Roadster from Digi Doodles for my card that I was lucky enough to win a few weeks ago.  I coloured my image with Derwent Studio Pencils to give it that vintage look and cut it out with Nestabilities Labels Four.  The background paper came from a Hono Value Pad (fab papers and really cheap!).  I added a strip of card that I ran through my Cuttlebug using Tim Holtz Texture Fade folder Retro Circles, stamped a couple of tickets (Inkadinkado Paperwork Greetings stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede) and punched a circle adding a sentiment from Hero Arts Anytime Messages.  I distressed all my papers and cards using Distress Inks in Old Paper, Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap.

5 comments:

lynne said...

Jack
What a fabulous card!!
Lynne x

Melly said...

Honey this is just fab!
adore the image and the colours are just perfect for the wee challenge! Super!
Hugs M xxx

Susie said...

And it looks just fabulous! I love the vintage shades - perfect for your image and your distressing looks brilliant! Love that sentiment too.......might need a wee kooky at those!!
Susie x

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Jac. Your distressing is lovely.
Buffy x

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Fab image and love the distressing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx